Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urkunde - but what is the rank?

Gentlemen

What is the rank on this Urkunde? Is it police?

Many thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Kriminal obersekretär, a gestapo rank, though not sure if it was used in other organisations like the kripo.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

It is a SiPo (Sicherheitspolizei) rank equal to Leutnant.

Comment

Still today a rank in the German "Kriminalpolizei":

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...=www.google.de

Gerdan

Comment

thanks Gentlemen

From this document is it possible to say if the recipient is Sicherheitspolizei or Gestapo?

Assuming the document is real - is it?

Thanks

James
          Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

Why would the Luftwaffe be bestoring an award on a SIPO officer? Seems too obvious an inconsistency for a forger to commit so I assume there is a valid reason?

Colin

Comment

I believe this award is connected to the battle of Berlin, the concentrated bombing campaign RAF bomber command conducted against the capital late 43 and early 44. As the luftwaffe were responsible for the defences it follows that awards connected to the defences came from them.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

It could be that the recipient was a member of the RSD (Reichssicherheitsdienst) attached to the protection unit for Göring at Carinhall, where an anti-flak section was based. The rank is a Kripo rank, common in the RSD. A nice piece.
                Only a suggestion.
                Max.

Comment

RSD - now that is interesting. I wonder if from the name it is possible to find out more. Do records for the RSD exist? So could be RSD, Sicherheitspolizei or Gestapo

Many thanks

James

Comment

Originally posted by JamesT View Post
                    From this document is it possible to say if the recipient is Sicherheitspolizei or Gestapo?
                    James, there appears to be a slight confusion regarding the Gestapo/SiPo. They are in fact one in the same as the Geheime Staatspolizei and the Kriminalpolizei merged (in title only) to form the Sicherheitspolizei, in 1936.

The prefix "Kriminal" could apply to ranks in both the Gestapo and the Kripo and the only way to check which organization he belonged to is to trace his career history. This could prove difficult and costly in terms of archival research.

Also bear in mind, there were crossovers between departments and you sometimes find that a Kripo Detective worked at some point in the Gestapo and vice versa.

I have several of these KvK2 docs to members of the SiPo and I agree with Simon in that this one is more than likely for service during air raids, although Max does offer an interesting suggestion.

Please PM me for possible info on Lietze.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                      Still today a rank in the German "Kriminalpolizei":

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...=www.google.de

Gerdan

Sorry, that´s not correct!

Sekretär is a rank only used by administration officers (Polizeiverwaltung), not by Kriminalpolizei or Schutzpolizei officers. Only in some federal departments Police administration officers use Polizei- in front (Polizeisekretär/ Polizeiober-, Polizeihaupt-, Polizeiinspektor and so on).

Comment

Here is one from my collection which is also from Berlin.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X