Ardennes Offinsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ardennes Offinsive

Does someone have soms photo's of men of the Leibstandarte who did fight in the ardennes? like SS-Obersturmbannführer Jochen Peiper, SS-Obersturmbannführer Werner Sternebeck, SS-Sturmbannführer Werner Pötschke, SS-Hauptsturmführer Josef Diefenthal, SS-Obersturmführer Georg Preuß, SS-Hauptsturmführer Rolf Möbius, SS-Standartenjunker Franz Staudegger, ....

Originally posted by MichaelII
    Does someone have soms photo's of men of the Leibstandarte who did fight in the ardennes? like SS-Obersturmbannführer Jochen Peiper, SS-Obersturmbannführer Werner Sternebeck, SS-Sturmbannführer Werner Pötschke, SS-Hauptsturmführer Josef Diefenthal, SS-Obersturmführer Georg Preuß, SS-Hauptsturmführer Rolf Möbius, SS-Standartenjunker Franz Staudegger, ....
    Hi MichaelII,

If you can get a copy of Patrick Agte's book "Michael Wittmann,
    erfolgreichster Panzerkommandant im Zweiten Weltkrieg, und die Tiger der Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler" or his "Jochen Peiper" book (see this link http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scr.../1131mich.html ), these books show photos of all the soldiers you mentioned.

Unless you are speaking of original wartime photos?

I have postwar signed photos of Preuß and Werner Wendt (tank commander in s. SS-Pz.Abt. 501), plus a photo of Staudegger.

Regards,
    Greg
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Good Idea

Comment

Hello Michael11

Have you tried The book -The devils Adjutant-Jochen Peiper,Panzer Leader by Michael Reynolds ? Published by Spellmount Ltd ISBN 1-86227-156-9 .
        There is a few pictures of some of the men you mentioned.

Regards
        Darren C.R

Comment

Darren,

Is it a good read?? How much??

cheers
          Regards
          Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon 1964
            Darren,

Is it a good read?? How much??

cheers
            Darren,
            Please forgive me for butting in, but I want to put in a good word for Mike Reynolds' books!

Simon,
            All of Mike Reynolds' books are fantastic for SS armor enthusiasts. Well actually, I haven't read the last one yet (Sons of the Reich: II SS Panzer Corps), but the others are great.

"The Devil's Adjutant" - Peiper's life and career, with special emphasis on the Ardennes Offensive. Reynolds used to lead British Army staff rides along KG Peiper's route, and his knowledge and research are amazing. His first-hand acquaintance with Ardennes residents and German veterans is very valuable.

"Steel Inferno: I SS Panzer Corps in Normandy" and "Men of Steel: I SS Panzer Corps in the Ardennes and Eastern Front" are written to the same high standard.

http://books.stonebooks.com/cgi-bin/...thor?mreynolds

Regards,
            Greg
            sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
            www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Thanks Greg,

I will visit the website provided
              Regards
              Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Hello simon 1964

I got mine from Amazon for about £9.99 paperback,I think you can still get it in hardback for £14.99. I found it a very good book, Although i would still really like to know the truth of Peipers Demise.
                Regards

Darren C.R
                P.S Greg walden. I am half way through Micheal Reynolds last book and it is the same quality as his other books.Excellent.

Comment

I have orderd 'The Devil's Adjutant', I hope it's good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X