Help with two photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with two photos

Good afternoon everyone. I've come to this section before for help IDing photos and you all were such a great help that here I am again. These two photos are of my grandfather's two brothers.

This is the first

He went MIA in eastern Europe- believed in Hungary in late 1944/early 1945. My question is whether the "125" symbol seen in the lower left side of the photo has any military significance in determining where he was likely to have been or what units he served with.

This next one is his brother, hopefully a bit easier question.

This man was KIA in western Germany in April 1945. My question about this one is if anyone can narrow it down any further just SS-Gebirgs. I know that his unit was merged into the 79th Army unit at the end of the war. If I had a unit #, maybe what units were attached to the 79th I'd know which unit to search online on the off chance I could find more photos of him.

Thanks a lot guys.

Why not contacting the WAST in Berlin? As you are a relative they will give you all infos they have recorded.

But better hurry, their answer could take half a year - and they are planning to close this institution sooner or later...

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      But better hurry, their answer could take half a year - and they are planning to close this institution sooner or later...
      I did not know that. What will happen with the records? Hopefully to BA-MA where they can be researched and viewed.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X