AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which SS Sleeveband is the hardest to find on period photos??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this one.

Cheers,
    Larry
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture of the British Freikorps

Andy
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

"Charlemagne" without any doubts.
        The story of this sleeveband explain that.
        I'm even doubtful that any original still exist today, as they arrived in Bad Brückenau with the pioneer company (some if not all wearing them) on February 21 (12 AM- 1PM) 1945, and they had to be taken out (order from Krukenberg).
        They were probably kept in Wildflecken until the Hersche Regiment tried to escape to the South of Germany. Did the unit took them ? Were they left in the camp ? Were they destroyed ?
        Maybe they were kept by the pioneer company, and in that case they were left in the Hammerstein II B POW camp, or in the frontline at the east of Hammerstein.
        Maybe they also were evacuated during the withdraw to Neustettin/Belgard/Körlin ?

No war photo (in wear or not) exist to my knowledge.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by steyrer View Post
          I have a very nice Studio portrait with a member of Allgemeine SS Standarte Burgenland with the very rare cufftitle "Planetta". Perfect clear an sharp. I wish I could show it, but I can't post pictures.
          Does anybody have a portrait with that cufftitle? Do you agree, that it is rear?

Here you go: Click!

Comment

Hi,

i must add about the "Charlemagne" cufftitle that i'm quite certain that the cufftitles of the pioneer company were made unofficially, in the Protectorate, and ONLY for the few dozen of pioneers. Similar to some homemade "Hitlerjugend" cufftitles.
            No massive (and official production) was ever aknowledged.

See You

Vince

Comment

For me the rarest of them all has to be the British Freikorps, which I'm assume those were granted official cuff titles compared to the unofficial Charlemagne cuff titles.

Rene Chavez
              www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Here is a POW portrait out of my POW thread showing a SS POW in Canada wearing a Heimwehr Danzig CT
                Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic picture Bill!

What remarkably clean uniforms they all seem to have? He is lucky to have ended up in Canada and not elsewhere wearing those collar tabs....

Reference the British Free Corps cuff-title I was once told years ago that the British Ministry of Defence (MOD) made a point of collecting one example of all enemy insignia in WW2. Wouldn't be surprised if there is something BFC related in a dusty drawer somewhere, never to see the light of day...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
                    Here is a picture of the British Freikorps

Andy
                    Wow thanks for sharing i didn t know it existed..
                    sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

I don't study SS cuff titles, but this is the first "Theodor Eicke" cuff in script that I have seen:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hello Stonemint.

I think that is a touched up photograph done by the studio to highlight the details. Look at the cap insignia as well.

This was fairly common and done during the Third Reich period.

Comment

Has Dachau ever been confirmed as original?

Comment

dachau Cuff title

Which One?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X