3D Album / Raumbildalbum "Der Kampf im Westen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Album / Raumbildalbum "Der Kampf im Westen"

Hello. I've opened this thread to demonstrate someone the actual value of the most common 3D album "Der Kampf im Westen".
    I've told him in a PM that this albums sell normally for 100 -150 Dollars or 90 - 130 Euros - depending on their condition. I've sent him a PM with the following link:

http://www.militaria321.com/sucherge...6&groupsize=25

The albums shown on that page have been there for months because no-one want to buy them for 90 Euros. Even the professional online dealer sites sell them in this price range. He still don't believes me ...

Don't get me wrong, guys. Everybody can make his own prices. But if someone tells me that he has been in the business for 30 years and knows the prices, I have to show him reality.

Regards
    Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 03-25-2011, 06:30 PM.

Thanks for opening this Thread and I will state here as I did in my replies to your numerous PMs that I am seeing these for more than $100-$150 or the Euro equivalents. Keeping in mind that Peter Whamond is a bit on the high side, he has one for $375. I thought that $75 less ($300) was in the right zone as the condition is very nice. Are these quick sellers, hell no, but I can find a number of these across the internet right now that are in this range. Also, as I said in one of the PMs, I saw a few at the SOS in Louisville and at Kassel last week and they were all in this range (and some higher depending on the dealer).

I'm happy just agreeing to disagree. I don't know what you are trying to prove though with this Thread???

And one last thing, never did I say I've been in the 3-D album business for 30 years!!!!! I said I have been collecting 30 years and am very familiar with prices across the spectrum of TR items. Get your facts straight and go take a cold shower. I don't need you or anybody else to bring me back to reality pal!

Enjoy your evening.

Bob

"Even the professional online dealer sites sell them in this price range. He still don't believes me ...

Regards[/QUOTE]"
    Last edited by Waffenreich; 03-25-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I have an extensive collection of Verlag Schönstein Raumbildalben. The latest Köberich Katalog lists the Schönstein publications and values Der Kampf im Westen for 150 Euros. At 300 USD, the seller is, in my opinion, on the high end for his example.

The seller's Fliegen und Siegen is valued at 500 Euros. So the seller, at
      700 USD, is, again, at top whack for it.

As the OP has stated, the seller has the right to offer his material at the price he desires. If it sells, fine. If it doesn't sell at the prices offered, the seller makes whatever move he thinks best.

What I don't understand is why the OP feels it's necessary to take the seller to task publically in a thread that trumpets and, in effect complains about the seller's prices. I don't get that at all. So the seller is at the high end of things. SO WHAT!

There are many items offered in my collecting interests that I think are seriously overpriced. A PM should be sufficient to the seller telling him/her what you think of the price and why. A thread like this only serves to antagonize a fellow WAFer because one member thinks the other member's prices are too high.

Questioning authenticity is one thing, but I think calling someone out for
      only pricing is shortsighted and easy becomes churlish sounding.

My opinion only...in the end the market place will sort this out.

Ramon

Comment

Thank you Ramon. I couldn't agree more on all accounts.

As with most of my items I start them at a price that I feel is reasonable (maybe the edge of the high side but still below many other dealers) and then entertain offers. I would have no problem with somebody PM'ing me and asking if I'd accept an offer for less. I do this all the time and have enjoyed a great relationship with many here over the years.

Not only has this guy gone about this the wrong way in my opinion, but he completely convoluted the facts. I think he's the one who needs the reality check.

Good hunting to all.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
          A PM should be sufficient to the seller telling him/her what you think of the price and why. A thread like this only serves to antagonize a fellow WAFer because one member thinks the other member's prices are too high.
          a. IMO, in this case a PM wasn't sufficient as he didn't believe me.

b. I didn't say that he's selling the album at the WAF.

Regards

Comment

This will be my last transmission regarding this subject, but NEVER did I imply or say that I did not believe you! I merely said I did not agree with the figure you stated (regardless of what's on that crap site M123). Now do I need to draw you a picture so you can get your facts straight or what

You have your opinion on this, I have mine, and Ramon has his and others will have theirs. If you think the price is too high then ignore the sales Thread. You were the one who came to me in the PM and started this so let's drop it now OK?

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
            a. IMO, in this case a PM wasn't sufficient as he didn't believe me.

b. I didn't say that he's selling the album at the WAF.

Regards

Comment

Based upon the OP's response to my post, I don't think he gets the big picture here.

Perhaps it's due to English being a 2nd language for him.

In any event, I agree, let's drop it and let the OP and seller go their separate ways.

Ramon

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
                Based upon the OP's response to my post, I don't think he gets the big picture here.

Perhaps it's due to English being a 2nd language for him.

In any event, I agree, let's drop it and let the OP and seller go their separate ways.

Ramon
                Now things are getting interesting. I have just received a PM from "Ramon" in which he tells me "to give it up". The other guy looks foward "to meeting me". Where am I?
                Btw., you are right. English is not my mother tongue but if you want we can communicate in German, Spanish or French.
                I think I have made clear that I just wanted to convince the seller that he is not right in his opinion regarding his price for a KIW album. Nothing more, nothing less.
                And it is "OB", not "OP". Perhaps it is due to German being a problem for you to find the right abbreviation.

Regards

Comment

speaking of fliegen und siegen how many of you have the book that goes along with the 3d album??
                  betcha havent seen one of those languishing around?

Comment

Originally posted by Niblet View Post
                    speaking of fliegen und siegen how many of you have the book that goes along with the 3d album??
                    betcha havent seen one of those languishing around?
                    I did not know that there even exist a book which goes along with the album. Can you show a picture?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                      I did not know that there even exist a book which goes along with the album. Can you show a picture?

Regards
                      as requested:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post4567379

Comment

Der Kampf im Westen

Bought mine about 5 years ago for $125 due in part to the yellowed pages and loose spine of the book, but I was happy to pay that for the photos that were in great shape and all there and the viewer. I never see any 3-D books listed at less than $300 or so these days at the small military shows.

Comment

Originally posted by carl b View Post
                          I never see any 3-D books listed at less than $300 or so these days at the small military shows.
                          Not a small military show but the biggest German Online auction website:

http://www.militaria321.com/sucherge...6&groupsize=25

As mentioned before they've been there for months as nobody buys them for €90,00 ($125,00). About a year ago I've bought a lot of 3 KIW albums at the German Militaria Fundforum for €120,00 (!). Perhaps there is a lack of them overseas what would explain those prices. A cunning fox may sense a profitable business ...

Regards
                          Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 03-26-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

These 3D albums are great things.Kampf im Westen is the most common
                            so i would expect it to be the cheapest.Soldaten of the Fuhrer in Felde is
                            rarer and fetches more money.
                            The Reichspateitag Albums go for crazy money.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X