• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good lesson from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.de/Panzer-Elite-XX-F...item230c9ad84f

Those are repros on original paper!
    Regards
    Michael

All prints are repros, or do you mean they're prints from prints rather than from negatives?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
      All prints are repros, or do you mean they're prints from prints rather than from negatives?

I believe that they are prints of prints put on original paper to decieve collectors

Comment

Ok and i agree, they do look like prints of prints, but that was also done a lot during the war and ever since so how can you tell what the difference would between a print from say 1945 compared to one from 1950, or 1970 or whenever?
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

If you look at some of his past sales, it looks like he is not one of the big sellers of fakes. Most of the stuff I see is real period photos mostly from WWI.
          About the photos in the link, I wouldn't take a chance on them for more than the current 12eur. Who knows where he got them, it could've been a "fake" mill.
          Also, I don't like the backs. Look fishy(suspicious) to me. They could also be period prints with very modern fantasy writing on them. Does he guarentee them?
          Good luck.
          Jp

p.s. (not speaking of above person) It's a shame that sellers have to resort to selling bad items to get the high prices. It will probably only get worse. Educate yourself on photos if you collect them.
          Last edited by John Pen.; 12-19-2010, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X