Small group to fighter pilot and RKT Walter Matoni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy F-P View Post
    EJ - There is a good photo of Glunz and Matoni walking together in February 1944 at Cambrai-Epinoy airfield in Caldwell's volume two of his JG26 War Diary, page 211, with them both wearing thie same type of flying kit. They both served as comrades in 5./JG26 and, who knows, may have got them at this time.

Yes I know those books very well, as together with a good friend I did research the victories and losses of JG.26 for The Netherlands for Don Caldwell.

I provided him with information on pilots, provided him with photos (sorry to see that not all of my photos he did use in his books were credited to me....)

Matoni was also Glun'z "Boss" in Glunz's Flugbuch there is an entry about the flights made till that date, 24.2.44, signed by Matoni as Oblt.u.Staffelfüher, stamped with a round unit stamp : II./Jagdgeschwader Schlageter 26, 5.Staffel.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Well, here is his Kriegsstammrollenblatt as an Oberfeldwebel from 1941:

http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/luftw...oni-44089.html

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Interesting Ian, but 180 Euros!
        Regards,
        Andy

Comment

Exactly Andy,

He did have another one a good few years ago and to he honest I think it is the one in your group!

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X