Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo of General Keiper and his medals

Gentlemen,

I know you photo collectors will appreciate this ... Francois suggested I post this here.

As you might remember, some weeks ago I had posted some closeup photos of Luftwaffe Generalleutnant Ludwig Keiper's uniform which I have in my collection. This particular uniform is a beautiful piece, tailored in Paris as only the French could. Unfortunately, in the Luftwaffe Generals volumes, the photo shows Keiper wearing the Kleiner Rock and not all the medals.

I had one of those wonderful, collector moments last night. Two or three times a year, I get a huge package of magazines from a Czech friend of mine in Prague. We are both involved in aerobatic competitions together. He is President of the Czech Aero Club. The Czechs publish a fantastic magazine called L+K (Letectvi + Kosmonautika) which covers current events but is also very heavy into aviation history. I wish we had an equivalent here. The photos are terrific --- most never seen before over here --- and the World War II coverage is great as the Czechs have never forgotten it.

When going through one of the issues, I ran across the attached photo. I could not believe my eyes. Here is Generalleutnant Ludwig Keiper with two Slovak officers, taken in Bratislava in 1944 when he was Chief of the Luftwaffe Mission in Slovakia.

I don't believe I have seen a photo of a Luftwaffe officer with more metal on his uniform that this man. Anyway, it was incredibly exciting to find this photo. I hope to run down a bigger copy of it through my friend in Prague.

Now, folks ... how about some help on identifying all of these medals and badges? It makes for a good Sunday morning quiz. I will put this over on some of the other forums as well so everyone will be sure to see it.

Any help appreciated!

Mike Heuer
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X