Political Leader's photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Leader's photo

This photo appears in the current Carsten Zeige Auction catalogue and shows a PL wearing many comabt awards on his uniform. Perhaps it is a studio portrait and he wants reognised for his achievements, but I have not seen such a photo before.
    He is named as Bernhard Stuhr, SA Sturmfuhrer and also of Inf.Regt. 469. His political rank is not given although his tabs id him as a Kreis Absnchittsleiter.
    All his awards, SA dagger and various documents are for sale (item 1184).
    Attached Files

Very Nice!!! I haven't seen a photo like that either.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jp

Comment

Great pic, Wessel. There are not that many PL's who were combat vets.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A long time Party man to boot.

This one show the proper medal bar with the NSDP LS awards. He would also have one I bet for his Heer uniform with out the NSDP LSs

one more thing is that the Gold party badge he is wearing??

Comment

No, it's just an ordinary Party badge and is included in the sale.

Comment

Great photo!

Bernhard Stuhr was Kassenverwalter (book-keeper) of SA-Standarte 187, Gruppe Nordmark. He was promoted to Verw.-Obersturmführer November 1937.

Comment

Thanks, Laurens. Interesting.
              Would he have moved from the SA into the Political Leadership Korps from, say, 1938, as the political rank he has (1943?) seems quite high?
              He was in Inf. Regt. 469 in 1941 when he was awarded the IK 2nd class, and the award document for his Close Combat Clasp is dated 20th June 1943 and identifies him as a Leutnant der R.
              Why would such a young fit man be in the Reserves? Would that be because of his Political duties in the Kreis?

Comment

Hi Wessel the Globe-trotter

I think you're right about his career, because I only found his name once in the SA-Führerbefehle.

When I speak about SA, men who were above 45, and/or with irregularity work served in the Reserve-SA. So maybe his NSDAP-job was the reason indeed.

Best,
                Laurens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X