BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there photos of Heinrich Himmler Kaserne in Prag-Rusin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there photos of Heinrich Himmler Kaserne in Prag-Rusin?

Hello,

are there photos of Heinrich Himmler Kaserne in Prag-Rusin?

Many thanks

no does an idea have?

Comment

pls Help

Comment

One just showed up here - see post #9

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786572

I wonder where this kaserne was located? It seems not much has been posted to indicate it's location . . . but some reference has been made to say it was near Prague-Ruzyne - which is near the airstrip . . . where it could it have been located, near there?
        Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 02-19-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
          I wonder where this kaserne was located?
          Here you go a info on Czech site (use the translation function) with GPS coordinates (50°05'14.64"N 14°18'30.13"E): Click!

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
            Here you go a info on Czech site (use the translation function) with GPS coordinates (50°05'14.64"N 14°18'30.13"E): Click!
            Thank You - I did look here . . . and if the coordinate is correct, is there nothing left of the original kaserne? A Google view shows many contemporary buildings . . . and leads me to believe this location may not be absolutely correct . . .

Comment

OK - now I think I understand . . . if you follow the streets by Google, one can see remnants of what appears to be a large complex - of the correct vintage . . . Perhaps this truly was the kaserne - currently, all being kept from view, behind a wall?

So, if this place was once the "Heinrich Himmler Kaserne" . . . then what is the facility utilized for today?

Comment

Following some further reading, I found this:

Yearning for revenge, during the night of November 17, irate Germans stormed all university dormitories in Prague and in other towns as well, beating and arresting thousands of sleepy, defenseless students, who were then taken to the prison in Pankrác and then to the military barracks in Ruzyně. Nine leaders of student unions were executed November 17, in the first executions without trials during the Occupation, but certainly not the last. Over 1,000 students were sent to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp near Berlin.

Interesting, as I have heard about this in the past - but did not conclude the connection. So, could this "military barrack in Ruzyně" have been the same place - the elusive "Heinrich Himmler Kaserne" . . . the one that is shown in the photo from the link above? And if so, can one visit this site today? I ask for reason of an impending visit to the area . . . and it would be nice to know beforehand, if this is indeed the correct site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X