SS Portrait Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Portrait Photos

I have not many SS portrait photos, so I thought I would start a link to see what good photos we have out there.
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Here's another SS in tropical uniform
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Si

Comment

A close up
      Attached Files
      Regards
      Si

Comment

Hi Simon,

Are you looking only for those printed during the war? I have some I've collected from the W-SS vets, but all printed after the war.

Regards,
        Greg
        sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
        www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Hi Greg,

No not just war time ones, I will be more than happy for any you have for us to view and discuss.

Thanks
          Regards
          Si

Comment

Originally posted by Simon 1964
            Hi Greg,

No not just war time ones, I will be more than happy for any you have for us to view and discuss.

Thanks
            I have a number of post-war printed and signed KC holder photos (the usual panzer and other famous ones - Remi Schrijnen, Ernst Barkmann, Otto Günsche, Will Fey, Fritz Langanke, Georg Preuss, etc), but my two favorites are these non- KC holder signed photos, because I got both these from the gentlemen in person. I'd like to add these to the nice ones you've shown, Simon.

This one is SS-Oberscharführer Werner Wendt. This photo was taken in August 1943 when Wendt was an SS-Uscha. and serving in the 13th (Heavy) Company of the 1st SS Panzer Regiment. This was, of course, Michael Wittmann's unit. Wendt was a tank commander later on when the unit became schwere SS-Panzer Abteilung 101. I met him because of my interest in the battalion later on in the Battle of the Bulge, when it was s. SS-Pz.Abt. 501 and had Tiger II tanks. Wendt is the last living tank commander that fought in that battalion in the Ardennes.

Regards,
            Greg
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Greg; 03-08-2004, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Here is SS-Unterscharführer Viktor Rudzinski of the 4th SS Panzergrenadier Division "Polizei." I met him because his son was a barber working on one of the US Army posts where I was stationed. One day he mentioned that times were hard right after the war because "his father had been in the wrong type of unit and couldn't get a job when he returned from Soviet captivity." The next time I got my hair cut, he showed me this photo, to show why his father had been in the "wrong type of unit." He later took me to meet his father, who wasn't very talkative about his experiences in the "Polizei" division, but he did give me a copy of the photo and signed it.

Regards,
              Greg
              Attached Files

Comment

Josef Rollecke RKT.

Simon, one of my favourite Waffen-SS portrait photos has to be this example of Josef Rollecke, Ritterkreuztrager of the 3SS-Panzerdivision "Totenkopf", he looks so young! By the way I like the portrait you started this thread with, his cap is outstanding! Hope this may be of interest to you.

Regards Richard.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by stgeorge64; 04-12-2004, 05:41 PM.
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Hi Simon.

Here´s an early photo.

Regards
                  Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

Greg, Richard & Peter

Thanks for add your photos

Greg, I would agree the Werner Wendt is a great one espically with the last historical thread left with this unit, do still keep in contact with Werner??

Richard, I agree this photo of Josef Rollecke, it makes him look as if he wasn't old enough to be out of school, left alone been in the military

Peter, a nice photo a man certainly full of self importance or at least self assured of himself.

Thanks Again
                    Regards
                    Si

Comment

Here's one of my favourite signed photo's as I really like the medal bar, its of Erich Zepper from 2./SS-PzGrenRgt 10 'Westland'

Comment

As a contrast to my previous photo of a "stucked-up-wannabe",
                        here´s a greating from the russian front. I think this is a sad
                        photo, knowing what was lying ahead of these young guys.
                        The "boy" on the lower left fell in 1944.

Regards
                        Peter
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Peter,

Nice photo, similar to the one Richard posted and different to the ones I have how young all of these "men" are in the photo, you imagine/expect it from late war HJ photo's, but these look no older than 16 or 17.

I take it that the picture is named to the rear??
                          Regards
                          Si

Comment

Hi Simon.

Here are the names. The top one "Sögaard", sounds danish
                            doesn´t it.

Regards
                            Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the scan, the name certainly sounds Scandinavian, well that is to an Anglo-Saxon anyway.
                              Regards
                              Si

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X