2 x award documents knight cross and some SS documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 x award documents knight cross and some SS documents

please have a look on the folowing award documents. I would like to trade with a collector friend and he has the following documents offered to me.
    everything ok and original?
    I´m no document expert
    Attached Files

1]
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
      1]
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not an expert when it comes to these RK documents but I am not a fan of the first one - why is it supposedly signed by Burgdorff of OKH but have an OKW stamp? It should, I believe, have a stamp like the one shown on the second citation? And I think the first example was meant to be issued to Luftwaffe personnel - hopefully someone will be able to confirm or correct that if I am mistaken. Considering that these RK prelim citations cost upwards of 2,200 Euros don't be surprised if you get a degree of denial from the current owner if the first one is indeed confirmed as a fake.
          Last edited by hucks216; 07-19-2010, 06:07 AM.

Comment

The first one is bad. The second needs a closer look and for me, given my interests, this one is more than interesting. Search for Altacher here and you'll find some more info on him.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thanks a lot for the first opinions.
              Altacher was in a gebirgsjäger regiment so it´s normal that gebirgsjäger is heer and not luftwaffe...why do you think should belong gebirgsjäger to luftwaffe???

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
              I'm not an expert when it comes to these RK documents but I am not a fan of the first one - why is it supposedly signed by Burgdorff of OKH but have an OKW stamp? It should, I believe, have a stamp like the one shown on the second citation? And I think the first example was meant to be issued to Luftwaffe personnel - hopefully someone will be able to confirm or correct that if I am mistaken. Considering that these RK prelim citations cost upwards of 2,200 Euros don't be surprised if you get a degree of denial from the current owner if the first one is indeed confirmed as a fake.

Comment

thanks a lot for the first opinions.
                Altacher was in a gebirgsjäger regiment so it´s normal that gebirgsjäger is heer and not luftwaffe...why do you think should belong gebirgsjäger to luftwaffe???
                What I meant is that the first RK citation you have shown is a Luftwaffe variant, not the one relating to Altacher. The one relating to Altacher is a Heer variant.

Comment

ok, sorry I missunderstood

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                  What I meant is that the first RK citation you have shown is a Luftwaffe variant, not the one relating to Altacher. The one relating to Altacher is a Heer variant.

Comment

Having looked at other 6 GD RK docs from the period (Max Ropp and Hans Fischer) as well as a few others from this time like Georg Gebhard's i believe the Altacher doc also to be fake. The two biggest issues are the different typeface used in originals and Linnarz's signature which slanted to the left rather than being straight like this one.
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon,

The typeface doesn't concern me, originals of the later pattern VB can be found with the 'normal' typeface and from the so-called Führerschreibmachine.

The signature is clearly not like any other know original example from Linnarz, this is a major red-flag.

The most interesting part about this document, which I do feel is bad, is the stamp. To my eye, it confirms correctly to originals. Thoughts?

Best,
                      John

Comment

This is from an original Linnarz signed example dated Nov. 1944.

Note the stamp.
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's VERY close isn't it. without getting photoshop out and superimposing them i see the top feather of the left wing tip cuts back slightly compared to yours.

With regards to the typeface, that's why i looked at examples awarded from the same offensive, timeframe and formation, both commisioned and non-commissioned.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X