photosammler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photosammler

Is this collection of pictures on line again? If so, can someone please provide a good link to it -thanks.

Originally posted by James Tainton
    Is this collection of pictures on line again? If so, can someone please provide a good link to it -thanks.
    Hi James,

no. And I am not sure if it ever will be.
    I am sorry to disappoint the majority of honest and most interested visitors on my page, but there are also a lot of "collectors" who have "stolen" my photos and published them all around any websites and forums whereever.
    I could care less but I don't, because I noticed that it lowers the value of my collection dramatically. I recently wanted to sell some rare photos which I decided to part with and had to hear from the buyer, that he doesn't want to pay my price (which was already a most reasonable one) cause these photos had been shown around on the internet.
    Another point is, that it takes a lot of time to keep such a website always new and updated and I have not always the time for that.
    But so far I haven't made a final decision.
    If it ever will be online again, it will be in english only and I will not make any advertisement on german speaking websites anymore, cause this also only causes trouble with the new german "good-humans".

Kind regards
    Robert aka Photosammler

Comment

Robert,

What happened to the CD project?

David.
      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Robert.

I am sorry to read this. You had a great site, with some extremely rare pictures.

I am also sorry to read that you have had 'hassle' from people who do not know any better.

I know what that can be like.

Best regards,

Robin.

Comment

I totally understand and sympathize. I've had a few photos pilfered myself. Apparently, someone is now copying snaps I posted here and selling them on ebay as photos! See Bobby Lee's post about minis in use on imperial and then compare to the minis thread here started by Landsknechte.
          After our previous discussion I began to radically edit any higher end photos-I crop'em, fuzz 'em etc. etc.-much of which I have to do anyway because of the 700 x750 size restrictions.
          You had a cracker set of Lufthelferin fire training photos Robert.
          If we made the archives Association members accessable only, then we could perhaps cut down on this pilfering a bit.

Comment

Alas no, because Association Membership does not change human nature.

There are people who feel entitled to "take" and never give everywhere.

It is a sad commentary on human ethics when THE BEST photos site on our PLANET has to close down.

Comment

Originally posted by photosammler
              I recently wanted to sell some rare photos which I decided to part with and had to hear from the buyer, that he doesn't want to pay my price (which was already a most reasonable one) cause these photos had been shown around on the internet.
              You could have called me instead (and I have forgotten to talk to you recently... Is that album already gone?)

Outrageous prices cannot be justified when it is well-known, but excellent photos should be treated as such, however famous the photo is! (and how often you will find details in real photos when you have only "dotful" ugly book photos!)

Comment

finis
                Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I am sorry that people are the way they are and stole your photos.
                  I would be interested in a few if you are willing to sell to me, as you have some of the best photos out there.
                  Thanks!
                  Karl Bandow
                  Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 02-14-2004, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Karl, Robert sells his photos on ebay, so just look at there... If you are really a fan of Robert's site you will identify his ebay name soon.

Comment

Originally posted by photosammler
                      Hi James,

no. And I am not sure if it ever will be.
                      I am sorry to disappoint the majority of honest and most interested visitors on my page, but there are also a lot of "collectors" who have "stolen" my photos and published them all around any websites and forums whereever.

Kind regards
                      Robert aka Photosammler
                      Very sorry to hear of the trouble that sharing these images has caused - they were great reference and inspiration for my tank building hobby- good luck in the future.

Comment

Hello to all,

thanks for Your nice words, I appreciate that.

Akira, do You talk about the Ritter von Greim / Hanna Reitsch albums ?
                        They are still here and I am not ready to part with them so far, maybe later.

It's true that I am selling some photos from my collection, but that is not a direct consequence of the trouble I had with the website.
                        In the last years I was building up my collection with almost every photo I could get and have assembled a large collection. Too large for my taste now, I am trying to concentrate on more quality versus quantity.
                        I was always more interested in persons and uniforms, good studio-portraits of rare uniforms, leaders and personalities.
                        So I decided to part with all of these technical photos, tanks, trucks, planes, ships and so on.
                        I am still keeping all of these good portraits that I have and I am not selling any of my Waffen-SS and SS photos.
                        The collecting continues more than ever, but now I am a bit choosy. I would rather buy a perfect studio-portrait of a rare organisation for a hell of money, than 100 "normal" soldier photos.
                        I am working on a book about uniforms in period photos and now I am really looking for the gaps to fill.

I am selling on german Ebay only and my Ebay-user name is EUQE, please do not take this for self-advertisement, it is only an info for those who might be interested.

Dave - I have all the color-slides still. They are also not for sale. I have some good contacts with a few other collectors of period color-pictures and I hope that I can find something which could be of interest for You, as I am still very interested in the 234-color-slides series that You have.
                        I have not sold any of my 234er photos and I will not sell them in the future.

You see, I am changing my collection to more quality. I think it is not necessary or useful to have a collection of 50 000 no-name photos, rather to have a smaller collection but with extraordinary photos.

It is a bit comparable to my former collection of uniforms. I remember that I had at some times 30 bread-bags, 40 canteens and so on, and one day I decided to keep the best 10 pieces from every kind and get rid of the rest.
                        Same now with the photos. For example I have an excellent group of photos from a german U-Boat, so I don't need all those loose and single photos of other U-Boats anymore.

And a last word about value.
                        I have choosen to sell the photos on Ebay, as I often do not have a clue to name a reasonable price myself. Some photos reach unbelievable high prices on Ebay, some not, but the bidders decide what they want to pay and in most cases the photos get a good new home. Collectors who are specialized on certain subjects.

Hope that has enlightened my motivations a bit. I have not stopped collecting, I am well and You will see me posting as usual on the few Forums that I regularly visit.

Kind regards
                        Robert

Comment

Actually, I have done business with him on ebay!
                          Here is one of the photos I believe I got from him:
                          Attached Files

Comment

To bad! But that's a part of life

I really had some great time exploring your site. The huge amount of interesting photos gave me a thrill. So it is sad that you have closed it down.

But I guess we'll be able to see some of them later. And I know that the next time you come up with an interesting album from Norway - I'll be there.
                            Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

I really wish you would make a photo book for us Panzer enthusiats before you sell them all off.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X