Group photo ID needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group photo ID needed

Could anyone ID these guys for me.I`m new to collecting and picked this up at a yardsale some time ago.I have no idea who or what outfit these guys are.

By sirvlad, shot with BlackBerry 8900 at 2010-03-08

Second from the left is Fritz, I think to see Hans in the middle and hmm.. it could be Jochen on the complete right. Oh wait! I think to see Wolfgang on the third row.

The unit is "1.Kompanie / Sanitäts-Ersatz-Abteilung 7", more on this unit:

"Die Abteilung wurde am 6. Oktober 1939 in München, Wehrkreis VII, aufgestellt. Sie entstand aus der am 26. August 1939 aufgestellten Sanitäts-Ersatz-Kompanie 7 und unterstand direkt dem Korpsarzt vom Wehrkreis VII. Am 14. Oktober 1940 wurde die Abteilung nach Miesbach in Oberbayern im gleichen Wehrkreis VII verlegt. Am 10. April 1943 wurde die Abteilung zur Sanitäts-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs-Abteilung 7 umbenannt. Teile von ihr waren jetzt in Schliersee im gleichen Wehrkreis VII stationiert. "

Source: Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Comment

Thanks for the help but I can`t read german.

Comment

It's a recruits photo for his intake. The unit is 1st company, medical replacement battalion 7. A depot training unit responsible for training recruits to the medical corps. This battalion with have provided recruits to a number of medical field units from within the same military district (wehrkreis VII based in munich in this case)
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by garyv View Post
          Thanks for the help but I can`t read german.
          Nice photo. If you copy and paste the above into this site here

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

you can have it translated roughly into english.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            It's a recruits photo for his intake. The unit is 1st company, medical replacement battalion 7. A depot training unit responsible for training recruits to the medical corps. This battalion with have provided recruits to a number of medical field units from within the same military district (wehrkreis VII based in munich in this case)
            Simon is da man! Generous answer. Hope you thank him

Comment

THanks guys for helping me out.This site is Great!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X