Need help with some photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with some photos

Hello experts. I got some new photos and i need some help. Basically i whould really appreciate it if anyone translates the german written on the back of the photos (its really hard to figure out what it says). My thought on these photos is (according to what i know till now about photographs) that 1,2,3,4,5 are original and i have my doubts about the last one . What do you think? Thanks for any help.

1) First one is a portrait of a Luftwaffe soldier. No watermark regarding the paper type or the studio on the back. The size is 8,7 x 13,5 cm.

Front:

Back:

2) Second one we have a small size picture (dimensions are 8,8 x 6 cm). On the back there is some german writing (Die 1st Gruppe neu eingekleidet Brixen,Aug 43 which translates in english like "The 1st Group is out again Brixen, Aug 43"(?)). The soldier that owned this photo wrote these in pencil first but then used a pen to rewrite them (probably because pencil fainted a bit). There is also the "Agfa- Lupex" (underlined twice) watermark on the back. Brixen is located on North-East Italy.

Front:

Back:

3) Third is another small sized picture (dimensions are 8,5 x 6 cm). What i want to know about this picture is what uniforms these men wear and what branch of service they belong to. There is a "Agfa-Lupex" (underlined once) watermark on the back as well as a "Erich Pold Wien V/55 Margaretengurtel 92/VII" watermark that indicates the studio.

Front:

Back:

4) Fourth is another small sized picture with dimensions 8,7 x 6,2 cm. There is an "Agfa-Brovira" (underlined twice) on the back as well as a "RUDOLF SAUER A6461" one that indicates the studio. There is also some german writing that i have no clue what they say (need help reading this).

Front:

Back:

5) This is just the reverse of a picture i posted in my first thread regarding photos. Can someone translate the writing on the back plz?

Back:

6) And finally we have the one i doubt. It's a portrait that measures 8,7 x 13,5 with no watermarks on the back indicating the paper used or the studio. There is just a Franz, 40 writen in pencil on the top. I am not sure about this one...i just don't feel its original. What do you think?

Front:

Back:

Regards,
    Fotis
    Last edited by general1900; 11-25-2009, 10:10 AM.

Originally posted by Mousey
    no.3 is reichsbahn i think.
    Thanks Mousey.

Regards,
    Fotis

Comment

The last photo is 100% original. Nice photo, not very valuable, but nice original nevertheless. It was made in the Protectorate, in Moravia. There is a town called Kromeriz (Kremsier in German). In the past it had a large military contingency...

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by lohengrin View Post
        The last photo is 100% original. Nice photo, not very valuable, but nice original nevertheless. It was made in the Protectorate, in Moravia. There is a town called Kromeriz (Kremsier in German). In the past it had a large military contingency...

Mark

Thanks Mark. Nice news you are brinking.

Regards,
        Fotis

Comment

No. 3 is not Reichsbahn. They are members of the SA-Wehrmannschaften plus one Heer soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
            No. 3 is not Reichsbahn. They are members of the SA-Wehrmannschaften plus one Heer soldier.
            Thanks for the clarification HPL2008. Can anyone plz help me by translating the german writing on the back of the photos? Thanks again.

Regards,
            Fotis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X