Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Gerdan,

Thanks very much! This really helps me a lot!
    I have three more backsides of photo's, hopefully these can be translated too.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Can anyone confirm please if the marked entry on this Wehrpass page relates to Hungary (Op Margarethe)?
      Attached Files

Comment

# 1238

Indeed, the entry

19.3. - 21.5.44 is "Verwendung im ungarischen Heimatkriegsgebiet" - Employment in the Hungarian home operational zone.

Gerdan

Comment

Many thanks Gerdan.

Comment

This name tag is inside a waffenrock that I recently bought.

The number says 2268. The date says 20. Mars 1937 and the name, I´m just not sure, I suck in reading and
            understanding this kind of writing.

If anyone can read the name, I would be very thankful.

Attached Files

Comment

I read:

Dr. Grützner/Gruetzner, O' Leutnant - Oberleutnant

Gerdan

Comment

Can anyone help me with the last few units?
                Its pretty strange.. the guy was KIA and in his memorial picture he is wearing a fallschirmjeager smock and helmet but a Heer belt buckle..
                He died in Italie on 15-8-1944.
                Attached Files
                I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

The last 4 entries I read :

8.8.43 - 5.3.44 4./Res. Gr. Btl. (mot) 35 - 4. Kp. Reserve Grenadier Batl. 30

6.3.44 - 30.3.44 1./ Marsch. Btl. 90 Pz. Gren. 3 - 1. Kp./Marsch. Btl. Panzer Grenadier (Ers. ?)
                  Btl.90

31.3.44 - 15.3.44 5./ Pz. Gren. F.E.B. 3 - 5. Kp. Panzer Grenadier Ersatz Batl. 3

15.4.44 - 15.8.44 10./ Gren. Regt. (m) 8 - 10. Kp. Grenadier Regt. (mot) 8

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    The last 4 entries I read :

8.8.43 - 5.3.44 4./Res. Gr. Btl. (mot) 35 - 4. Kp. Reserve Grenadier Batl. 30

6.3.44 - 30.3.44 1./ Marsch. Btl. 90 Pz. Gren. 3 - 1. Kp./Marsch. Btl. Panzer Grenadier (Ers. ?)
                    Btl.90

31.3.44 - 15.3.44 5./ Pz. Gren. F.E.B. 3 - 5. Kp. Panzer Grenadier Ersatz Batl. 3

15.4.44 - 15.8.44 10./ Gren. Regt. (m) 8 - 10. Kp. Grenadier Regt. (mot) 8

Gerdan
                    Thanks Gerdan. Thats also how i read it.
                    Only i read a few differences.

second from below is F.E.B. so i think Feld ersatz batl., which would make sense since he was in a Marsch btl.90 from PzGr. Div. 3.

Its normal to go from an ersatz unit into a marsch (transfer) btl. and then into a feldersatz before the actual combat unit.

I was able to find the units on lexikon now, and it all makes sense.
                    Apart from the foto in which he wears FJ stuff
                    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Rick

sorry, I forgot to write down (in German) and explain the "F." - Feld - field

I agree with you in all your interpretation.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                        Rick

sorry, I forgot to write down (in German) and explain the "F." - Feld - field

I agree with you in all your interpretation.

Gerdan
                        No problem
                        I wonder why the guy got that FJ equipment

Comment

Here i am again

Is anyone able to read the unit on the first picture?

Oh and also another question, maybe someone knows..
                          What is Fz.-Batl. 112 ? maybe Fahrzeug Btl. 112?
                          I´ll post a picture from it as well.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think i got it translated, i think its Nachschub-Bataillon 817.
                            And the last unit on the second picture must be Feldzeug-Bataillon 112.
                            Correct?

Comment

Hello! Looking for some help with these notes from photo album. Not to translate but just to read this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Part 1

Comment

Part 2

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X