Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans

In simple terms v. Ch. is thanking the general for the kind words spoken about his battalion with special note that the general is an infantry general. The other letter praises v. Ch. for his receiving the Knight's Cross and that he and his battalion certainly warrented it. Normal flowery language.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      Mager possibly
      Thanks! The more I was looking at the name the more I was starting to doubt if the name was even German, as his first name is also quite strangely written.

Comment

Originally posted by lohengrin View Post
        Thank you!

The problem is that the text does not make much sense...

could it be .... denkend und redend

and "Schl"?
        N. and von Schl. are definitaly abbreviations.

Would you mind to post more of the letter/card?

Comment

Letter Von Choltitz

Thx Pauke!

Comment

D_Dutch, I would think that's Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Towarish View Post
              N. and von Schl. are definitaly abbreviations.

Would you mind to post more of the letter/card?
              Here is the rest... THANK YOU
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                I believe the whole text of the postcard is saying that the Prince is the coming leader and not a moderate type like "N." or overly diplomatic like "von Schl.". Fill in the names of two important people during the Weimar Republic and the mystery will be solved.
                Thank you for the suggestions and help!!

von Schleicher makes sense... He was a Chancellor of Germany under Hindenburg...

Comment

Originally posted by D_Dutch View Post
                  Thanks! The more I was looking at the name the more I was starting to doubt if the name was even German, as his first name is also quite strangely written.

Rudolf, I believe....

Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by dan734 View Post
                    Please help me to translate This 3 pages from WP
                    Basically a listing of his postings; looks like World War 1 on the left, service in Russia from what I can tell, then for WW2, Luxembourg/Belgium, into France, then off to the east.

Obviously, that's quite an abbreviated translation, but I'm too lazy to decipher all that Sutterlin and type out all those place names and "Operationsgebiete".

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by V1Oliver View Post
                      D_Dutch, I would think that's Mayer

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                      Rudolf, I believe....

Hank
                      Thank you both very much for your help!

With kind regards,

Koen.

Comment

Hello,

Need to your help tpo translate the reverse of these photos, please ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=634652

Thanks, David

Comment

Can anyone please help with the translation of these 3 small pieces which are all part of an extensive Luftwaffe document grouping.

First up is the reverse of a portrait photograph, which I am reading as "My loving brother Wilhelm ? 22-09-42." What is the word written following Wilhelm?
                          Attached Files
                          Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Second up is an annotation on the top right hand corner of a Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen urkunde, which I think I am seeing '? Staffel Lippstadt'. Can anyone confirm this and fill in the first word?
                            Attached Files
                            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Finally, again an annotation in the top right hand corner, this time on a congratulatory letter, which I think says 'Erg Staffel' ? Can anyone please confirm?

All help with these 3 will be very well received indeed.

Regards Richard.
                              Attached Files

Comment

# 4745

The word after Wilhelm is "gewidmet" - dedicated

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X