Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collection of prisoner concentration camp

hi guys,
    it would be possible to buy this collection below . Prisoner from 1.9.1939 until 11.4.45 in the concentration camp Buchenwald .
    What do you think about it ? Its possible to appreciate the value ?
    thanks for all your comments in advance !!!
    cheers schmeisserfan
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I would be extremely wary of Concentration camp items. Most did not survive the war. The Germans wanted to destroy the evidence and the survivors wanted to forget the horror.

Comment

yeah that´s true of course . This man survived the war, because there is also a post war paper who is declaring compensation for him .
              The lot is offered in an internet auction and I myself think this is to see as a (rare ) piece of history which we should not forget

Comment

If it is an authentic piece of history, it is imperartive that it not be forgotten. Unfortunately, one of the things I have learned from the experts here on this board is that there are far too many people who are looking to invent history for their own financial gain.

Comment

At the risk of sounding rude and arrogant, and while we each have the right to our own opinion(s), those with little to no experience with such material should really refrain from making comments that go no-where and mean nothing.

This is a 100% legitimate, original, unaltered and rare historical grouping.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Yes, its a very nice original.

Comment

This is a 100% legitimate, original, unaltered and rare historical grouping.

"Hundestaffel"[/quote]

If these items are original then this is one heckuva nice set. However, regarding your comment, how do you know? Are you accepting the word of the person who has the items up for auction? Is there additional provenence that you didn't mention? I'm sorry to say that from time to time I've bought some really nice pieces of crap that came with a great story. I think your forum comrades here are simply suggesting you exercise caution over what might be some very expensive items.

Good Luck, I hope they are original and that you get them.

Comment

Hello DocumentsGuy !!!

To detail the "hows and whys" that this grouping IS an original, untouched and untampered with grouping (and I know this sounds like an excuse) would take a considerable amount of explanation.

Basically, the key here is 1. Research (something which I do for a living and have done so for twenty years professionally, all my life personally) and 2. Experience, (good and bad !!) something which cannot be bought or obtained by viewing 'pretty pictures' on the Internet, but only through way of years of physically handling, examining and (again) seriously researching such original material.

The new owner of this set will have indeed obtained himself a fine historical and correct grouping.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Hello DocumentsGuy, deradler1,

"Hundestaffel" is correct!
                          And if you don't believe him, then buy this reference book, a book that isn't written by collectors of militaria or dealers of fake militaria.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/Konzentratio...1%7C240%3A1318

http://www.amazon.de/Konzentrationsl...4462304&sr=8-2

This book is written and published by the KL Buchenwald museum and the illustrations in the book are from there permanent exhibition.
                          The Häftelings-Personal-Karte is shown on page 160, it looks exactly like the one in this thread; also the Auschliessungsschein is shown and explained.
                          If you ever have the chance visit KL Buchenwald and the museum.
                          So if you would spend +/- 20€ on an excellent reference book and read the book you would better understand concentrationcamp history and not make expensive mistakes buying KL related documents in the future.

Regards,
                          U

Comment

The same kind of document could be seen here too:

http://www.lawrencemalkin.com/kruege...nts-7-2-1.html

Comment

I never questioned the validity of the items. I hope they can be authenticated as they would be an important historical find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X