Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple translation request please!

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not but I'm thinking about buying an old film and the listing....at first reading (to someone who can't read German) this is a film about the ship "scharnhorst" but the online translation program I'm using talks about crowd refuges and memorandums! Can you please help?

The text is:

Schriften von und über Scharnhorst, mit abgedruckter handschriftlicher Denkschrift Scharnhorst für Stein, Abbildung der Totenmaske von Scharnhorst. Mit Zeittafel und Personenverzeichnis hinten im Buch.

I will try to translate the text:

Pamphlets/papers from and about Scharnhorst, also printed a handwritten memorandum from Scharnhorst written for Stein.

Picture of the death mask of Scharnhorst with time table and index of names in the back of the book.

Gerdan

Comment

Written of and over Scharnhorst, with printed handwritten memorandum Scharnhorst for stone, Illustration of the dead mask of Scharnhorst. With time board and person listing in the back in the book.

Does that make any more sence?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

It's not about the ship, but about General Gerhard von Scharnhorst:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_von_Scharnhorst

That is, unless ship's have death masks!

Comment

Thanks guys, that would have been annoying to get the film, (and it is a celluloid 16mm film not a dvd!) connect it all up and have it be not about the ship!

Comment

Gerdan's is the correct translation. The on-line translator translation (as usual) garbles it up and makes it unintelligible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X