Wound Badge Document - Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wound Badge Document - Gold

Here is the document - Wound Badge Gold - I'd be very grateful for your opinions, is it good one?

Tough call, but a couple of things raise red flags:

First, this style of document is VERY often used by fakers.

Second, Lexikon der Wehrmacht doesn't list a Panzer Regiment (which is how I interpret Pz. Rgt) 670. Numbered units seem to end at 204. Maybe it's something else?

Can't quite make out the stamp...Feldlazarett 610 (mot.)? Are Field Hospitals generally motorized? Maybe a closeup would help.

Could be wrong (nothing new there ) but I'd be hesitant on this. Maybe somebody with better research assets can provide a firm answer.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

This one could be OK but it needs some checking out. Whilst there was no panzer regiment 670 there was a panzerjäger abteilung 670 (equipped i think with Marders) which was destroyed at Stalingrad so the date of the wounding does actually fit well with that unit. Hospital clerks came up with all sorts of weird and wonderful unit designations so it's not unsual in the slightest to see mistakes made like this. The key to this one would be to find out a bit more about this Feldlazarett, it looks like 610 to me too, if it turns out that it's home depot was in wehrkreis X then you're safe.

Unfortunately, outside of my own collecting area of Norway\Finland i've absolutely no information on field hospitals.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

No firm answer from me either, but apparently there was a motorized feldlazarett 610 in 1943. I will try to post a better detail from the stamp tomorrow evening, but here is the full document from my collection. So far, I haven't been able to decipher the signature:
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting that Laurens, the stamps seem to be the same and i really can't see a faker getting a hospital stamp exactly right.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

That does help quite a bit; the overall doc does make a good impression, just those little nagging worries. Can't be too careful.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Here is the close-up as promised. Finding the existence of this motorized field hospital is not difficult, but the location and/or dates are another story. Unfortunately, my resources don't go that far either.

From C. Awender:
              http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/medic/heeresmedics.htm

To get back on the subject, I would be surprised if the document from strelets turns out fake. From behind my screen, it seems quite convincing (stamp, signature, typewriting). And I tend to say that the string "Pz-Rgt" is a period mistake. Otherwise, is this document part of a group or was it purchased seperately? I give more credability to groups, even when only two documents.

Laurens
              Attached Files

Comment

Definitely looks like the same stamp to me, notice the small dot between the e and l in Feld, you can just make it out on the Gold doc too.

Comment

Hello,

is this document shown here good or not...

I am offered a award document for a silver badge now from MAy 1st 1945 with the very same ink stamp: Dot between "e" and "l" like shown here.
                  I'd much like to be the document a good one, but there are some doubts left.

Can anyone say something about this stamp?!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X