Graf Von Stauffenberg autograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graf Von Stauffenberg autograph

Greetings, this might be offered to me this week from the person named on this document. He was a young member of the 90th Pz. Gren Div. He may still have his solbuch. Comments? I thought at this time GS hand was missing and his handwriting was damaged. All comments wellcome. Best, Bill Bourque
    Attached Files

This is not the signature of Claus von Stauffenberg who was seriously injured on 7 April 1943, losing his right (writing) hand.
    Max.

Comment

Hello Max, thanks for the help. Does the document itself appear proper? I will be in contact with the family later this week and will obtain more information. If you go to the Tinnie forum you will see a large collection purchased from the same family today under my name Hs132. Best, Bill

Comment

The document looks fine IMHO. According to the definitive biography by Peter Hoffmann, the Count von Stauffenberg was still convalescing from his severe wounds on this date. In any case, as a General Staff officer he would not have been assigned to command a rear-echelon military district. The signatory was a cousin.

Comment

Hello Thank you again, Is there evidence he did have a cousin of that rank and position? Same name? Tomarrow I will be examining his wehrpass and other docs for the name on the doc, hopefully more info. Best, Bill

Comment

Hello on further www searching I found these examples of his autograph. Not much of a match. Best, Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately it's not Claus. The signature is Marquard von Stauffenberg, who was earlier a commander in the Ersatz-Reserve. Hoffmann told me he was one of the cousins in the family. He was arrested after July 20 but I don't know what happened to him after that.
              Best Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Adem View Post
                Unfortunately it's not Claus. The signature is Marquard von Stauffenberg, who was earlier a commander in the Ersatz-Reserve. Hoffmann told me he was one of the cousins in the family. He was arrested after July 20 but I don't know what happened to him after that.
                Best Regards!
                Hello, thank you for your expertise. Bill

Comment

Hello all, here are the rest of the docs and paperwork of two brothers Gunther and Arnulf. A rare Sardinian shield document. I aquired these recently and they have never been in a collection. Best, Bill Bourque
                  Attached Files

Comment

pic
                    Attached Files

Comment

pic1
                      Attached Files

Comment

pic2
                        Attached Files

Comment

pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X