Info on these pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on these pictures

I've seen these 2 pics very often in the books I read. They fascinate me but I don't know much about these. Is there any info about these two soldiers, where the shot was taken,....?
    My best info is during the Battle of the Bulge but nothing more.
    THX in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by U-96; 12-29-2007, 06:56 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

The answer is in this book:

http://www.afterthebattle.com/bobulge.html

A forum member, sadly I have forgotten who, and cannot find the thread has visited the spot and did some pics.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thx! More info is welcome

Comment

Good tip from Ade. That "After the Battle" book is incredible, shows the photographer's angles and positions for every photo in that series. Every time I read it, I find something new and interesting, one of the best books I own, among a thousand or so.

What I've always been curious about are the garments worn by those soldiers in the photos. Last time I visited this issue, nobody could agree on what sort of jackets/ponchos they are wearing, possibly captured GI rain gear. Has there been a consensus since?

Dave
          Last edited by CollectRussia; 12-30-2007, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CollectRussia View Post
            ....... That "After the Battle" book is incredible, shows the photographer's angles and positions for every photo in that series. .....
            Dave
            That Series of Books are good I agree. Unfortunately they do cover topics that don't interest me. But a good read none-the-less

Comment

But do they give info about the actual soldier or just general info??? I'm really curious about what happened to these 2 soldiers.
              Could they be from 2nd SS-panzer Das Reich?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X