Unknown Ace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xerox_ View Post
    Look at the shape of his visor hat in this link and the photo above... it got the same shape, the shape of a well used visor
    This is what i was thinking myself!
    What about originality of foto?
    Thanx!
    Vladimir.

Comment

Looks like the same chair too.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rfleming32 View Post
        Looks like the same chair too.
        I thought same chairs were provided for all Luftwaffe aces,no?

Comment

IMO that is not Grislawski

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins View Post
            IMO that is not Grislawski
            Any ideas who else could be?

Comment

For me, it´s without a doubt Grislawski.
              Great photo also

Regards
              Andreas
              Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

Note that in the photo, the pilot is not wearing the German Cross in Gold on his right breast. Most Knights Cross bearers were awarded the cross prior to being awarded the Knights Cross, as it was ranked below the RK, but above the Iron Cross I class. Grislawski was never awarded the German Cross, as described in the book, " Graf and Grislawski," which I have. I believe it's him in your photo.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

No disrespect to the deceased intended, but if we could turn the calendar back just 4½ years, we could ask him:

GRISLAWSKI, Alfred. (DOB: 02.11.19 in Wanne-Eickel). (RE). 1940 in 9./JG 52. 1942 fighter instructor at a Jagdfliegerschule. 01.07.42 Fw., awarded Ritterkreuz for prior service in 9./JG 52. 06.11.43 Oblt./Hptm., Staka 1./JG 50, appt Staka 1./JG 1 (to 24.01.44 WIA). 11.04.44 Hptm., awarded Eichenlaub, Staka 1./JG 1. c. 28.05.44 Hptm., appt Staka 8./JG 1 (to 12.08.44). 07.06.44 Hptm., appt acting Kdr. III./JG 1 (to 06.44). 12.08.44 appt Staka 8./JG 53 (to 26.09.44 WIA). 04.45 Hptm., Staka 11./JG 1. Credited with c.800 combat missions and 133 air victories. †19.09.03.

--Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry deZeng View Post
                    No disrespect to the deceased intended, but if we could turn the calendar back just 4½ years, we could ask him:

GRISLAWSKI, Alfred. (DOB: 02.11.19 in Wanne-Eickel). (RE). 1940 in 9./JG 52. 1942 fighter instructor at a Jagdfliegerschule. 01.07.42 Fw., awarded Ritterkreuz for prior service in 9./JG 52. 06.11.43 Oblt./Hptm., Staka 1./JG 50, appt Staka 1./JG 1 (to 24.01.44 WIA). 11.04.44 Hptm., awarded Eichenlaub, Staka 1./JG 1. c. 28.05.44 Hptm., appt Staka 8./JG 1 (to 12.08.44). 07.06.44 Hptm., appt acting Kdr. III./JG 1 (to 06.44). 12.08.44 appt Staka 8./JG 53 (to 26.09.44 WIA). 04.45 Hptm., Staka 11./JG 1. Credited with c.800 combat missions and 133 air victories. †19.09.03.

--Larry
                    Happy New Year to all members!!!
                    So,Larry u think he is Grislawski for defo,but do u think this piccture is original or might be not???

Comment

So,Larry u think he is Grislawski for defo,but do u think this piccture is original or might be not???
                      Bob Shoaf (see above) has a recent book by Christer Bergström that should contain numerous photos of Grislawski. He is in the best position to study your photo and make a determination.

As for originality, I decline to express an opinion because I am not an expert in photography or evaluating antique photographs. There are so many fakes out there today that it is becoming very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

--Larry

Comment

Looks like the same guy to me. I tend to use the ears as the main characteristic to compare faces. The nose is definitely not so reliable since from the front the nose can give a very different impression than from the side. The ears don't change like that and they often provide visible features even under poor/variable lighting of the face itself.

I don't agree with the notion that a fake would not have glue marks/page remnants from a photo album. In my opinion, that would be a very easy thing to add if one wanted to get a higher selling price for a fake.

Comment

Thanx to everyone for very useful opinions!So i believe its Grislawski!
                          Vladimir

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X