No announcement yet.

Kassel finds 2nd part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His final rank was Leutnant and he was taken prisioner by the russians on July 27th, 1.944 and returned to his home on December 27th, 1.947.

He worked in Hamburg and in his company also worked other veterans from WW I and WW II who expressed his condolences after his death.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Unafortunately with the group comes some medals that claimed to be the ones from him, but I highly doubt it because the EK I has some writing in the back with no sense if was Tanczos one, but price was good without the medals so they were a nice adding surprise.

First EK II "40" marked

Angel
      Attached Files
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Reverse of the cross

Angel
        Attached Files

Comment

"His" Ostmedaille
          Attached Files

Comment

Back
            Attached Files

Comment

GAB, unafortunately all finish gone
              Attached Files

Comment

Backside
                Attached Files

Comment

Here comes the principal suspect of being an added medals to a document group, an Iron Cross 1st class heavy damaged (looks like a tank rolled over it)

Angel
                  Attached Files

Comment

Back where is the engraving, handdone and nothing related with Tanczos, later I will try to decypher it and put it here so, maybe, someone can put some light on it.

Angel
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

sadly i have to say, that this group is put togeter......

At the Gunzenhausen show a dealer offered this group, too.
                      But: at this time there were 2 KC cases (without KC), a document to the ostmedaille and someting else included.

The price was around 7000 EUr.

Comment

I have suspected so, but price I paid was good enough for the documents so medals were a premium, too bad they are not the ones from him, but....

Thanks

Angel

Comment

The group is in good hands now and that´s the most important thing, i think.....

Comment

I think I have seen the group also. The engraving on back of the EK1 looks like a street address.
                            Iam Uncle Sam
                            That’s who Iam
                            Been hiding out
                            In a rock and roll band

Comment

There was a dealer selling an "original" all to one person DKiG group.
                              Documents and awards were clearly put together......the airgunners badge did have a different name engraved on the back.
                              Maybe others did see that group too ???, DKiG marked 20 with the broken catch.....the box didn't pass the black-light test !!!

yours
                              Eric-Jan

, the documents and photos you show here are great, a real combat soldier !

Comment

hello

just some guessing to the misspelling on the RK document: Tanczos is originaly a hungarian name (it means dancer). A hungarian CZ is the equivalent of the german Z...so maybe the name was written down by a german just after hearing his name.
                                I don't know if the grouping is put together or not, but nice stuff anyway.
                                congratulations

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X