Post your uniform goof photos here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your uniform goof photos here

I've seen lots of period uniform goof photos mixed in a bunch of different threads. So lets consolidate them here: strange uniform mistakes, from nutty insignia errors to wacky award/badge placement; Heer, KM, LW, political - let see them!

I'll start it off: at first glance I thought this photo was printed from a reversed negative... but look again
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott C.; 12-01-2007, 07:14 PM.

Could that be a variant of a cloth pilot's badge?

Comment

Ummmm, I don't think so...
      Attached Files

Comment

Posted many times before...but it fits the request! A Pilot AND Pilot Observer badge
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That's the idea Andy! Great photo

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins View Post
              Posted many times before...but it fits the request! A Pilot AND Pilot Observer badge

Is this 'feldwebel' doing a bit of dressing up for the camera? Doesn't look like those are aircrew yellow tabs, more like red.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                Ummmm, I don't think so...
                What in the world is that eagle?
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon, looks like an early issue droop tail eagle. My only explanation would be that the early fliegerbluse was worn without a breast eagle until Nov 1940 and he later added one and made a mistake on where he positioned it? Just a guess.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Misrepresentations of awards are fairly common place. In honesty if you are awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class, Ost Front medal and KVK2 are you sure of the ribbon secuence in the field? Probably not as you have over things to think about.

Comment

This has the potential to be a truly GREAT thread!

Comment

The man in my photo is Feldwebel Walter Sumpf who was in fact a very late war RKT and rated all of the awards he is wearing. He was a bomber pilot w/ KG 100 and was awarded the RK for his guided missile attack missions and bridges and shipping. Note his RK is actually an EK2. I think this photo was taken immediately after the war. I own his photos and medals..Yellows sometimes look red w/ period photo mediums so I think the tabs are probably correct. His EK 1 is an early unmarked tombak cored example w/ paint missing from the swastika...this is the same one that is on the picture if you look closely..
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Luftm40; 12-02-2007, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins View Post
                          The man in my photo is Feldwebel Walter Sumpf who was in fact a very late war RKT and rated all of the awards he is wearing. He was a bomber pilot w/ KG 100 and was awarded the RK for his guided missile attack missions and bridges and shipping. Note his RK is actually an EK2. I think this photo was taken immediately after the war. I own his photos and medals..Yellows sometimes look red w/ period photo mediums so I think the tabs are probably correct. His EK 1 is an early unmarked tombak cored example w/ paint missing from the swastika...this is the same one that is on the picture if you look closely..
                          Ah OK ,well that explains it. I've seen a few post-war quasi uniform shots like this, quite understandable for veterans that had no formal photos of themselves with all their decorations.

Comment

..the funny thing is, here are two other shots of Sumpf obviously taken during the war and he appears to be wearing both badges on his shirt
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X