No announcement yet.

HJ anti-American, anti-Jewish film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like all good propaganda this one has a grain of truth in it.

Anyway allot of the photos in this strip come from the FSA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm_Se...Administration Itself a propaganda organization but with he exact opposite aim of this filmstrip.

Another funny thing. A few of the shots in this strip I think were done by Arthur Rothstein just shows you the Nazis really did not care where source came from as long as they could use it to their purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stna View Post
      I couldn't have said it better. I have to deal weekly with silly americans and their clichés about germans because they're stationed here, and those clichés are the same as during WW2.
      Not all Americans are silly and unsophisticated as to views of Germans and
      Europeans in general. Not all Americans can afford to travel abroad and the
      ones who can are not always the best representatives of the US. Some
      naively think that English is a universal language and are shocked and amazed
      that it is not. I'll bet it's the same ones who think foreign-born US citizens
      should always speak English. I'd venture to say that the Americans who travel
      to Germany rely on cliche's because they are unfamiliar with the culture and
      lack the sense to keep their mouths shut and observe before speaking. It is
      better to keep one's mouth shut and have people think one is a fool than to
      open one's mouth and confirm it.

Comment

PLEASE:

Forum Rules and Regulations

VI) Posting Conduct

1) While we encourage lively discussion, we will not tolerate personal attacks, disrespectful comments, or disingenuous remarks toward any person, (including their contributions and posts on the forums) or any organization. Any person disparaging another forum member or organization in this regard, or violating forum rules and/or promoting any views that are not in harmony with the Code of Conduct, may have their comments either edited or removed without notice. Any future incident thereafter may result in that member being permanently removed from the Forum.

This includes hurling insults at other members' nationalities.

--Larry

Comment

Originally posted by DrMemory1701 View Post
          Not all Americans are silly and unsophisticated as to views of Germans and
          Europeans in general. Not all Americans can afford to travel abroad and the
          ones who can are not always the best representatives of the US. Some
          naively think that English is a universal language and are shocked and amazed
          that it is not. I'll bet it's the same ones who think foreign-born US citizens
          should always speak English. I'd venture to say that the Americans who travel
          to Germany rely on cliche's because they are unfamiliar with the culture and
          lack the sense to keep their mouths shut and observe before speaking. It is
          better to keep one's mouth shut and have people think one is a fool than to
          open one's mouth and confirm it.
          I wasn't refering to tourists, more like US Soldiers and their wives who live here. Tourists are just worse.
          Yes, i also know Americans who are familar with the culture here and are not totally into clichés.
          I was just answering on Larries Words, i never intended to exeggerate americans.

Regards.

Comment

There are good people and there are bad people of ALL nationalities, but for some reason it´s OK (at least it seems so) to generalize certain nationalities. In Sweden for example, it´s OK to talk bad about Germany and Finnland, but if you call a negro a negro, you are in trouble! If you are a Bolshevik it´s OK to talk bad about Jews (still reffering to Sweden).
            I have made contact with really, really stupid Americans (here, too!), with extremly disgusting Germans, BUT some of my closest friends are from USA and from Germany and (of course) very nice persons. I even have Jewish friends!
            Propaganda is propaganda and today these pictures/films are history. Nothing more. IMO.

Comment

Well said, Ludwig. Basically, people are individuals. There are good ones and there are bad ones. I was stationed in Germany twice as an American soldier, one in the 1950's and again in the 1960's. The majority of the soldiers behaved themselves and treated the Germans with respect, but some did not. Some of the German people I met appreciated our being there, but others did not. The lesson, I think, is that one cannot make generalities about people, nationalities, religions, beliefs, etc. Just about everything we experience in life has a good side and a not so good side.

--Larry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X