Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht money (banknotes)

Hi Guys
    i would like informations about these banknotes.

I have already found some informations

The German army (Wehrmacht) used their own money in areas, where currency restrictions existed.

The first series of money for the Wehrmacht was issued in 1942. Its real value was ten times its face value. This should prevent its use outside the armed forces for which it was issued. The money was called Behelfszahlungsmittel (temporary money) and denominated in Reichsmark. It was issued directly by the Wehrmacht.

The 1944 issue of Wehrmacht money replaced the earlier series from 1942. These new banknotes bought goods at their face value. The issuer of this money was the Hauptverwaltung der Reichskreditkassen (Main administration of the credit bank of the Reich). The money was denominated in Reichsmark. The banknotes were called Verrechnungsscheine (Clearing bills).

BUT

I would like to know if their salary were versed for soldiers in this currency and where did they spend it (soldatenheim, soldatenkino, wehrmacht bordello, barracks canteen....)

regards, olivier
    Last edited by olivier; 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM.

nobody has ideas??

Comment

Yes, the soldiers of the German Wehrmacht were paid in these notes, as were the SS but thiers had a special overstamp. Also, these notes are very similar to other military payment certificates whereas they could only be spent in German military institutions.

On another note, in case you didn't know these notes are very valuable. The most valuable being the 1942 series, and the 50 RM note from the 1944 series is also very valuable.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X