16 Officer's signatures from the Torpedoschule Flensburg-Mürwick 1939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Officer's signatures from the Torpedoschule Flensburg-Mürwick 1939

Sorry, I've screwed up on the original count of signatures. I've recently recieved a book with a dedication to Kapitänleutnant v. Salisch for his birthday from officer's at the torpedo school, (Torpedoschule) from Flensburg-Mürwick that has 20 signatures and an Admiral's stamp on the flypage. Does anyone recognize any of the signatures that are presented here? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Richard V

I don't have my references with me but what I see are names such as:

Himbnau (?)
    Holland
    Teichmann
    Deimers (?)
    Kohlbach
    Schäfer
    Schultz
    Pilgrim
    Hamburger
    Cordes

Schmackenburg
    Leermann (?)
    Kartke (?)
    Pingelmann (?)
    Carius
    Schlieper
    Zahn

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks for the help Ian. I was able to make out several of them, but was wondering if anyone knew or was familiar with any of the names?
      Richard V

Comment

I will be able to check on Wednesday when I get home if no one else answers the thread!

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian. I appreciate the help. What do you use as a reference? I've started several threads asking how one can go about doing research on individual names but can't seem to get a response.
          Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            Thanks Ian. I appreciate the help. What do you use as a reference? I've started several threads asking how one can go about doing research on individual names but can't seem to get a response.
            Richard V
            I have numerous books at home, rank lists, etc.etc. so will post more next week.

Comment

If you happen to acquire Lohmann/Hildebrand "Die deutsche Kriegsmarine" Band III (personality listing), you get something like this:

v.Salisch, Hans-Henning
              (25) geb. 23.12.1900 in Sprottau; F.Kapt. 1.2.44 - Zerstörer "ERICH STEINBRINCK" 8.38-11.39; Torpoedoschule Mürwik, Leiter d. mech. Ausb. u. Komp. Chef 12.39-5.40; TVA Eckernförde, milit. Refefent 5.40-6.41; TVA Gotenhafen, milit. Referent 7.41-4.44; Schlachtschiff "TIRPITZ", N.O. 4.44-9.44; Schwerer Kreuzer "PRINZ EUGEN", N.O. 10.44-1.45; OKM-TWa, Referent 2.45-Ende. Entlassen 29.7.45

Comment

Wow, thanks Ian and Akira. I'll see if I can locate a copy of the Lohman/Hildebrand book. Are they hard to locate and what woudl be a reasonable cost?
                Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X