strange Adolf Hitler photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange Adolf Hitler photograph

I am really not sure what to make of this photograph? Is it an actual photograph or part of some kind of collector set? Its a very unusual size at 9 3/8" x 3 1/2". I believe it to be some kind of major Stahlhelmbund meeting and the man speaking is the boss of the Stahlhelmbund Franz Seldte. It will be an early photograph .... could it be the ceremony that disolved the Stahlhelmbund?? Even Franz von Papen is there and I think the smiling man on the left is Crownprince Wilhelm and I think the man half covered by Seldte is Ernst Roehm and so the photo is likely to be from early 1934 or frm sometime during 1933. From memory I believe that it was sometime during 1934 that the Stahlhelmbund desolved and became the SA-Reserve.

So, how unusual is this photo? Has anyone seen it published before??? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

close up
    Attached Files

Comment

the reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

close up of the stamp on the reverse ... I assume that this is more likely to be the developer of the photo rather than the photgrapher .. ?
        Attached Files

Comment

strange photo

Also in pic is GFM W von Blomberg and SA Fuhrer
          Viktor Lutze.
          Harmel

Comment

Originally posted by harmel View Post
            Also in pic is GFM W von Blomberg and SA Fuhrer
            Viktor Lutze.
            Harmel
            yes, those guys are also on the photo and still one or two more known personalities, but has anyone seen this photo published anywhere before? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Has someone messed with this, as the moustache's look weird on Hitler and the 2 guy's above?

Comment

Originally posted by lee-clark View Post
                Has someone messed with this, as the moustache's look weird on Hitler and the 2 guy's above?
                You're right, it does look strange on my sample pics..it is not that apparent on the original photo in hand. Maybe, they did touch it up a little before publishing or printing the photo at the time?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X