Taschenbuch - SS Untersturmführer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taschenbuch - SS Untersturmführer

Have anyone of you seen such a notebook before? I got this from the same person who had the "Der Fuhrer" cuff title, and the dogtag. This is the secound one I hav had. But this one is empty. The other one had notes from Karelien.
    Last edited by Tor; 02-28-2004, 06:45 PM.
    Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Interesting....

What is in the Taschenbuch itself? Is it a type of Calender?

Erich Craciun

Comment

Taschenbuch

The taschenbuch is just an ordinary notebook. It comes with one pencil. The other one I have, is more or less a diary. The owner wrote down what had happend, what his orders was, what kind of supply they needed etc.

Comment

I assume that the SS-Untersturmführer is just stamped on? That being established this is just a common daily journal (the type still available in Germany at stationary stores or as 'Werbegeschenke'). What makes the unusual are the entires inside. Depending of the manufacturer, many had color or black and white plates of uniforms, street signs, license plate designations ect.

I have about 10 of these from different years all with entries. Very interested. I can't post pictures today for some reason - anyone have the same problem?

Erich Craciun

Comment

Taschenbuch

Yes Erich, you are right. It's just stamped on. But not like on the other one - the one with the diary. That one has just one soft stamped on the cover. This one has a much harder one, with distinct marks on the back of the cover. It does not show on the photo, due to the resolution.

This is the only thing that's in the book. And I find it quite strange, since this normally would have been given as a letter or in his soldbook. But I might be wrong. I havn't seen so many soldbooks and really don't know.
          Last edited by Tor; 02-28-2004, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Hej Tor,

you are right, that is a bit odd, but the first thing that came to mind was perhaps the entry is a reminder to the Untersturmfhr. to check in since the entry does require 'sofortige Meldung' after as 12 day vacation.

Just a thought!

Erich
            Last edited by erichcraciun; 05-26-2003, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Here is an image of one of mein. The man Claus Buhler kept a journal of the last days of the war and even included sketches of the POW cage he was in.

Erich
              Attached Files

Comment

notebook

I guess you are right when it comes to the writing in the note book. I find it quit odd.

This kind of items is something I really find interesting and exciting. It might open a new world, and give valuable information on how things really was at the front. Or in the camp.

And they are not that high priced yet.

Comment

Hi Tor,

I have one identical to yours, empty no writing, it was very cheap I always wondered if the SS Untersturmfuhrer was a post war upgrade. The book itself is period no black light etc. I rate mine as an original piece but I rate the supposed SS untersturmfuhrer stamp as very suspect.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X