X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mein kampf!

greetings...i have this copy of mein kampf..from 1942 i guess...magdeburg
    i suppose most households had a copy
    does anyone know much about them and do they have value?

many thanks
    K
    Attached Files

u
    Attached Files

Comment

s
      Attached Files

Comment

g
        Attached Files

Comment

This is a wedding issue, given to newlyweds by the mayors of most towns. The most desireable of the wedding issues had the city's seal on the front (like yours) and all had a dedication to the "newly married couple" in the front. The ones with the protective cardboard slipcover bring a bit more though the slipcover is nothing but a plain cardboard. Prices can range from $100 to $175 depending on condition, signature and city of issuance.
          Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            This is a wedding issue, given to newlyweds by the mayors of most towns. The most desireable of the wedding issues had the city's seal on the front (like yours) and all had a dedication to the "newly married couple" in the front. The ones with the protective cardboard slipcover bring a bit more though the slipcover is nothing but a plain cardboard. Prices can range from $100 to $175 depending on condition, signature and city of issuance.
            Richard V
            ta richard....the cover i have...and the condition is excellent...nice to know it was given to newlyweds...i picked it up in scotland few years ago for approx 20 bucks.....any idea who the mayor is??...many thanks...K

Comment

Hi karlo,

The mayor's signature is that of Dr. Fritz-August Markmann, the Oberbürgermeister of Magdeburg from 1933-1945. It's not an original signature, but a facsimile or "autopen" signature. The big-city Oberbürgermeister signatures in Mein Kampf are rarely original signatures, since there had to be so many signed copies for weddings. I have a Magdeburg edition from 1936; here's the dedication page from mine.

Best,
              Greg
              Attached Files
              sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
              www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Originally posted by karlo View Post
                greetings...i have this copy of mein kampf..from 1942 i guess...magdeburg
                i suppose most households had a copy
                does anyone know much about them and do they have value?

many thanks
                K
                Appears to be in good condition. Missing the box. Estimate $120.

Comment

I tried to explore appropriate costs for the various Mein Kampf versions in this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=94138 maybe this will help you?

I was born very close to Magdeburg and would be quite interested to find a Magdeburg example ... ah well, one day ...

Could you show a straight on pic of the city seal on the front cover please?

Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

ta dah!
                    Attached Files

Comment

thank you very much for showing .. if you were wanting to sell it then please do let me know first ... I would want it for my own library...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

The maid servant (Magd) in the castle (Burg), which is the meaning of the cities name.

The seal reads in Latin: sigillum civitatis magdeburgensis = Seal of the City of Madgeburg.
                        Last edited by der-hase-fee; 07-10-2007, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X