Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Document

I have a document dated April 20, 1943 that is an award document for a "Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. klasse mit schwerten" The man's name is Konrad Schnabel.

I didn't even realize at the time that this award document is dated Hitlers birthday. Surprise, surprise! Anyway, here are some photos of the stamp and signature.

Can anyone tell me whose signature this is?

Comment

Could you post some pics of whole document?

Comment

Sure. I'll get one tonight.

Comment

Looks good so far.

Just as info, KVKs were traditionally dated/awarded on specific days that held some sort of special precedence in the party history. Adi's birthday, formation of the party, etc. I think probably 20 April is the most common date you'll find on these.

As far as signature, need to see the man's unit, usually typed below his name.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I'm struggling with that sig, can't make out if that first letter's an N, U, W or what.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon,

maybe a "S"?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X