No announcement yet.

Fighter Aces Bf109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just thinking about it maybe the 100 could mean the one hundred and the one bar after it just one making a total of 101 victories ..Does anyone know if any of the men I listed earlier crash landed their plane with around that many victories thanks Kelly

Comment

"The Star of Africa"' in the snow? Hmmmm......

In 388 combat missions, 482 missions total, he destroyed 158 allied aircraft.
      7 victories during the BoB Group 4 JG 52
      151 victories in the North-African theater (starting April 1941 until Sept. 30 1942)

Marseille Facts

Born: 13 December, 1919 in, Berlin- Charlottenburg, Germany
      Died: 30 September, 1942 near Sidi Abd el Rahman, Egypt

Kills: 158
      154 Fighter aircraft
      4 Bomber aircraft

Awards:
      - Iron Cross 2nd Class - September 1940
      - Iron Cross 1st Class - Fall 1940
      - German Cross in Gold - 24 November, 1941
      - Knight's Cross - 22 February, 1942
      - Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves - 6 June, 1942
      - Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords - 18 June, 1942
      - Italian Medaglia d' Oro for bravery - 6 August, 1942
      - Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds
      3 September, 1942

Promotions:
      Leutnant - 1 July, 1941
      Oberleutnant - April, 1942
      Hauptmann - 3 September, 1942

Not him I guess
      Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Thanks for that i was thinking that too must be one of the remaining ones. kelly

Comment

Who's 109?

Nice list guys, unfortunately they don'y apply.

First question to nsx20 - can you read the WNr. from the original photo? (the number in the masked off section in the lower front of the tail.)
          Is it WNr. 9704? If so, this is a Bf 109F-2 from JG 51. The rudder -albeit now in winter camo- appears to be that from the machine of Guenther Luetzow who commanded JG 51 for a short time in the fall of 1941. Refer to the Schiffer book by Karl Ries, 'LW Rudder Markings' or the appropriate 'Jagdwaffe' from Mombeek or 'Die Jagdfliegerverbande...., Vol.6, #1' from the Prien guys. The rudders are identical.

The 25 cent question is, who inherited this machine in 3./JG 51? Or was it just a replacement rudder? The Wnr. would answer that to an extent. The winter loss does not appear in German records. (And since I'm new to this board, and in case anyone wonders what 'German records' means - records exist and I've transcribed to a database 'all' LW losses from 1940 through the end of 1943. They generally end at the beginning of 44, though fragments of 44 exist, and are surprising complete - though there are a few noatable exemptions.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X