Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Destruction Badge Booklet

Dear All,

I saw this very nice booklet. It is a instrutcion booklet of how to destroy an enemy tank single handed.

On the back there is a pic of the Destruction badge.

Can somebody give me some more additional info, like is it period, is it are etc.

Thanks and best regards,

Rene
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kuifje,

Best wishes for 2007!

These instruction manuals were printed in the last stages of the war when the so called Volkssturm was assembled by Göbbels to protect "the Reich". They are written in a manner that even women and children could use anti-tank weapons.

There has been a reprint but I think yours is okay from what I see. These are popular among collectors so hang on to it.

Hope I helped.

Dirk J.

Comment

Dirk,

Thanks for the answer! (You also best wishes for 2007)

Indeed the content is a bit "strange" .

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

Originally posted by Kuifje69 View Post

Indeed the content is a bit "strange"

Rene
            How about that cover illustration of the Nutcracker cruhing what appears to be a KV-1 chassis with a T-34/85 turret!

Rob

Comment

I recommend that you do a search on the forum. There was a very detailed thread on these particular Tank Destroyer booklets....many of which are copies.

Comment

Dear W Petz,

Many thanks for your comment, I did not know there was so many info about this booklet!

But after reading all the different threads I must come to the conclusion that this booklet is not a period item.

Looking to the quality of the paper which is too good after these years and the quality of the paper used at the end of the war.

Nevertheless it is a great booklet.

Thanks and best regards

Rene

Comment

I recommend that you do a search on the forum. There was a very detailed thread on these particular Tank Destroyer booklets....many of which are copies.
                  Originally posted by Kuifje69 View Post
                  Dear W Petz,

Many thanks for your comment, I did not know there was so many info about this booklet!

But after reading all the different threads I must come to the conclusion that this booklet is not a period item.

Looking to the quality of the paper which is too good after these years and the quality of the paper used at the end of the war.

Nevertheless it is a great booklet.

Thanks and best regards

Rene
                  Rene,

I have also noticed the earlier threads, very interesting to read! If you won't take it or are selling it then please let me know and send some details. I will glady buy it for a the price of a reproduction .

Comment

Im also VERY intersed where i can buy this "fake"
                    Hey, this one is a very nice original Knacker-Fibel

Comment

For clarification purposes I never said this booklet was either fake or original. I only suggested that the owner of this thread do some research on earlier threads due to the large amount of fakes out there. The final decision is up to the owner of the booklet after considering all the facts. I have a copy of this booklet and determined mine to be a fake. Bill

Comment

Panzerknacker

Bill I don't think anyone mis-read your suggestion. Actually it sounds like Rene took your advice and read our detailed thread from a year or two ago and made up his own mind as to the originality.

From the pictures he posted above, I could personally entertain doubts about it's originality but would not completely discount it based on those few shots. Honestly I think more pictures would be needed to give an accurate opinion.

Comment

I agree that with the pictures that have been posted you cannot determine whether it is a copy or the real deal. My friend Jim Pool who was very active on those previous threads had to do a hands on examination of several examples.

Comment

My Booklets

Hello Gang:
                            I have several booklets that I am certain are original, based on several factors.

1. Unteroffizier im Grossdeutschen Heer. 48 pages. A guide book for non-commisioned officers. Well used, annotated, covers detached. Inside back cover is a photo of Ritterkreuztraeger Feldwebel Gerhard Jaeger in Einem Grenadierrgeiment.

2.Bildsprecher Deutsch Fuer Soldaten, 80 pages A "dictionary" for soldiers. Highly illustrated with all the words and commands soldiers need to know.

3.Tornister-Lexikon fuer den Frontsoldaten von Gerhard Boenicke. Dated 1943, 128 pages. A field manual for soldiers.

I can send scans, but I don't know how to post on this Forum. If some will help me I can send them to you. My Email is aa4126@msn.com. Thanks.

Comment

Just wondering what these booklets have anything to do with the booklet being discussed????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X