is he wearing an NSKOV uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is he wearing an NSKOV uniform?

Hi there, I wonder if anyone could tell me if this is an NSKOV uniform that the man is wearing. I can make out an NSKOV membership badge on his uniform. Also, what rank does the armband signify, if any? I assume that the line through the armband signifies a rank or position? Cheers and thank you all for your opinions. Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

closer view of the uniform
    Attached Files

Comment

This WW I vet with 1914 EK I and 1918 Verwundetenabzeichen is wearing early NSDAP uniform- photo is ca. 1933. I'm not sure of his rank, but you're right- the stripe on his Party armband is indicative of rank. The black diamond-shaped badge above the armband bears the early-pattern eagle & swastika of the NSDAP.

Wonderful photo. If you post it in the NSDAP forum at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewfor...ffca414ffc2654 someone there might be able to identify him; it's possible he was a Mitglied des Reichstages (M.d.R. / Member of the Reichstag), and his picture might appear in one of the "Grossdeutsche Reichstag" handbooks which several AHF members have.

Best wishes,
      ~ Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
        it's possible he was a Mitglied des Reichstages (M.d.R. / Member of the Reichstag), and his picture might appear in one of the "Grossdeutsche Reichstag" handbooks which several AHF members have.

Best wishes,
        ~ Mike
        Mike, thank you for your reply. I did not think he was that high up the ranks? I did not know there were handbooks of Reichstagsmembers??...do you know the titles of these books? Are they modern or pre-1945 publications? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X