Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Opinions about this ?

Hello,

Allegedly a wartime inscribed & signed of Max Wuensche.

Any Opinion?

Thanks!
    T.
    Attached Files

back of photo
    Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion, not the handwriting or signature of Max Wünsche. The photo also looks to be repro.
      Max.

Comment

This one does not get my vote. I find it strange that as a wartime signature he does not use the correct designation for the SS-Pz Rgt 12, furthermore the style of handwriting and also the photo itself does not in my opinion, bode well. I do not think Max Wunsche signed this photo.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

I remember this photo was on Ebay several years ago. I did not bid on it because the signature was not close enough to the many post-war signatures I have and his signature from his KTB befehls, urkunde etc.
          If I remember correctly, the photo was framed and supposedly made out to a BDM group. Which is of couse, plausible becuase his wife, Ingeborg, was actually the senior BDM leader in Austria. But that coincidence aside, the reason mentioned above by Richard, plus the lack of uniformity in wartime and post war signatures make this an unlikely canidate.

His cigarette case popped up about a year ago. Sold for 1500.00 dollars only to turn out to be a hoax. Esp because W******252;nsche rarely smoked. Speaking of his original awards etc, US Army troops in Austria (where his wife lived) stole all his original ones (except the oakleaves which he got only a few days before his capture) and all his uniforms and photos.

I bet some grandma has that stuff sitting in an attic somewhere in Montana...boy I'd like to happen across that in a yard sale!!!
          Cheers
          Du

Comment

what really plays on my mind, is the photo labs label on the back, the word Heimbach.
            It looks like it has been printed on recently and with one of those office stamps, that you can rotate the letters and numbers for office use.

This would never had been done during the 30's because photo labs has so much pride in their product, that they would use specially designed photo lab stamps for their product. well in most part.

Ian

Comment

My German wife has saw the writing, before she read any of the posts she stated it looked as though a 2nd year schoolboy wrote the inscription!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X