Anyone have ever seen those PK photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have ever seen those PK photos?

I have received over 300 of these large photos (24x18 cm).
    I have never seen those before, i only know those small cigarette photos.

Any idea what these photos are?
    Attached Files

I have several dozens. They appear to have been released as press photos (but they are not real photos, as opposed to similar series published by Hoffmann).

Comment

I have not seen those before...thanks for showing..., if anyone out there has a book that these were supposed to go into, then could you please show a shot of the cover of the book, as I assume from the text at the bottom of the pic that they were issued as Sammelbilder? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Thank you Akira.
        So what do you think were they printed for?
        They are not on real photo paper, the paper is a little bit thinner and no marks on the back.

Were they printed for the people to collect or for newspapers etc to publish them?

Comment

Hi Sven,

These are definitely not press photos, per se'. I, too, have a few dozen of these types of photos. I call them propoganda photos, as I am not exactly sure what they were used for. They are images of press photos which were released by the various press agencies as can be denoted by the information printed at the bottom of the photo in fine print. They are not nearly as collectable or as valuable as press photos are.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X