German POW card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German POW card

I picked this up about a year ago, it had 20-30 pictures and some tinnies that were also with the card.
    I have posted the pictures on a website, so that I could make them as large as I could. I also tried to adjust the color and contrast, so I have posted the back of the card twice, to try and see if it would be easier to read. Can anyone translate anything on this card?

http://powcard.homestead.com/index.html

Thanks

I posted the card on a German language site and got this information back. The card is really faded, so the translation for the back is spotty at best. Does anyone know where I could began doing any research on this man, or this Russian camp? I have never tried to research someone, other than American soldiers.
    Front of the card:
    Addressee: Herrn
    Fritz Notbohm
    Address: Osterwald 206 (Deutschland - Englische Zone)
    über Elze (Hannover) Kreis Hameln

Name of POW: Walter Notbohm
    Address of POW: UdSSR
    Lager Nr. 6307
    Back of the card:

... Again the best greetings.. ... Wishes I father to its birthday it hopefully the last its becomes that.. 5 years become now soon, that I.. The time passes me so slowly and as.. ... When it out of g.. With always.. Determines from, but you know yes, when.. Now is and goes the time out of never.. To come... healthy home and d.. To endure as earlier and with se.. .. (Elendsmut?) It goes yet healthwise good and otherwise (there) Weihn (eighth) time go I now again with to
    that (Mole) have I here also received me. Hopefully... made, for that one yet (sees)

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X