Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip on a Document, what should I do!

Hi,

I got a document today and it has a rip going right across the middle, about 3/4 of it, I was wondering what would be the best thing to do to stop it getting worse.

Please halp!

Kind Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,
    Personally I would put it in a A4 or A5 plastic prtective wallet and leave it! Most ways of fixing it could actually make it worse...and never use selotape!!!!
    I keep my documents in these wallets and they are stored in A4 binders.........

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Cheers Ian,

I will keep it in the plastic A4 wallet that it is in then, don't worry I would never think of using selotape any way.

Phil

Comment

Same with me - I am not awared of a goood way to repair a rip on paper document.
        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Hi Phil,

I don't think there is any convincing way to repair paper items, leave it as it is.

Put it in the plastic folder with an A4 pice of card placed behind it to reinforce it and keep it in a ring binder.

An original worn document is better than a cocked up reaired one.

Gee

Comment

As other said, keep it as it is now, look the end of a bad done repair with selotape (I don't do it, I purchase it in this condition)

Angel
            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Cheers guys,

I guess there is nothing that I can do and I should just leave it alone, I keep it in a A4 plastic wallet anyway with the unit information behind it so I don't think it will get worse.

Regards
              Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X