Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Urkunde with tape

Hi!

I bought this EK2 Urkunde from a web shop that had very small pictures. When I got it home I noticed that it had been attached to a paper with a two-sided tape (glue on both sides). It has been fastened at the top, in the middle and at the bottom. It seems that the reason for doing this was to keep it in one piece, since I belive it's in two pieces.

Is there a way I can remove the tape without ruin the paper?

Best regards, Stefan
    Attached Files

Well looks like the doc would fall apart if you did - if you really wast to try and seperate them.

here is some thing i do..

get an iron, heat it to the silk level
    get some kitchen towel tissue
    put the kitchen towel over the paper and iron using short strokes, this will loosen the glue on the tape but depending on the strength of the document you may have to peel off a little at a time.

Or stick it in an archival sleeve and let it be ..

Originally posted by stefan_swe
    Hi!

I bought this EK2 Urkunde from a web shop that had very small pictures. When I got it home I noticed that it had been attached to a paper with a two-sided tape (glue on both sides). It has been fastened at the top, in the middle and at the bottom. It seems that the reason for doing this was to keep it in one piece, since I belive it's in two pieces.

Is there a way I can remove the tape without ruin the paper?

Best regards, Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by Craigob
      Or stick it in an archival sleeve and let it be ..
      Yepp, that's the current solution and I think it will be like that for a while...

Thanks,

Stefan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X