First Waffen SS photos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Waffen SS photos!

Here are several photos I have aquired recently, including two Waffen SS photos. Nothing ground breaking, but, very nice in my humble opinion!

Waffen SS enlisted man
    Last edited by Mark Mac; 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM.

#2 Some Waffen SS troops in the field. It looks to me like it may be an artillery unit with the observation/radio equipment. Also the troops on the right look like they may be preparing a position (aiming stakes). Perhaps a headquarters unit. Just a guess.

Comment

#3 A nice clear photo! A general and some officers on a hill. Any idea who the general may be? A little overweight, but I am sure he could work a division movement table like a Prussian staff officer champ!

Comment

#3b A closeup of the officers. I hope this helps.

Comment

#4 Luftwaffe NCO in tropical tunic. He has the wound badge. He also has a badge that I guess is either the air gunners or radio operators badge.

Comment

#5 A decorated Heer NCO. I cannot tell what the middle bottom badge is. Could it be a sports badge?

Comment

#6 Another combat EM portrait. Not a "super trooper" with the awards, but definately has seen combat. I really like the "Fritz" portraits.

Comment

hello,nice photo,s,i think picture nr 2 is taken in holland,cheers

Comment

Why, because of a dike and some trees?

Waar baseer je dat op!?

PS: nice pictures I love the field picture and the EM with CCC!

Sebas

Comment

i said i think,i have seen more photo,s like this one,and if i am not wrong,it could be the ss standarte fuhrer or the ss liebstandarte ah,not only because the dike and trees,cheers

Comment

On picture #2, I also thought that it could be Holland as well. But more thought into it and I thought Italy would not be an unrealistic possibiltiy - Although, it could really be anywhere that Waffen SS troops fought...

Here are a few more that came in!

A sharpshooter! It looks like someone was getting tired of that SOB artillery observer hiding in the woodline!

Comment

Next two are the same Luftwaffe Pilot. Different uniforms.

#1 with 4 pocket tunic.

Comment

#2 Luftwaffe Officer with fliegerbluse

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X