Jakob Grimminger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jakob Grimminger

Hello. I´m loking for pictures of Jakob Grimminger, standarbearer of the Blutfahne. I´m specially interesting in his medals and accoutrements (gorget...).
    Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

In the photos I have seen he only had the EK2 and the HKx, although I'm certain he got the Blood Order as well as the NSDAP medals. Do a search on his name. He's in here.

Comment

Here is a commonly published view of Grimminger. This particular example bears Grimminger's signature.
      Last edited by ramon; 10-02-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Just FYI - There's a very nice discussion, including great photos and scans of documents, concerning Grimminger at a militaria collecting forum about which discussion is here proscribed.

Best regards,

~ Mike

Comment

Here are some of the images Mr. Miller alludes to.

Here is Grimminger's SS membership identity card.

Comment

Here is the happy couple on their wedding day....

Courtesy of E J Estrada

Comment

His NSDAP membership credentials

Comment

Nice stuff

Comment

Those credentials are truly amazing to see. Now if we can only determine where the Blutfahne ended up at.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Schreiner
                    Those credentials are truly amazing to see. Now if we can only determine where the Blutfahne ended up at.
                    The photos are the property of Hermann Historica and are taken directly from their catalogue of 48 Auction, April 2005.
                    The Blood Flag is in a private collection in Germany.
                    Max.
                    Last edited by max history; 09-28-2005, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by max history
                      The photos are the property of Hermann Historica.
                      The Blood Flag is in a private collection in Germany.
                      Max.
                      Thank you for the attribution.

Comment

Is the Bluttfahne in a private collection in Germany?
                        I suppouse you are jocking. All the serious investigators says the Bluttfahne dissapeard without a track.
                        Max, Could you tell us anything more about this info?
                        Regards from Spain.

Comment

I also have heard that the Blutfahne is in a private collection in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres
                            Is the Bluttfahne in a private collection in Germany?
                            I suppouse you are jocking. All the serious investigators says the Bluttfahne dissapeard without a track.
                            Max, Could you tell us anything more about this info?
                            Regards from Spain.
                            I can only say that the original flag rests in the private collection of a wealthy German collector.
                            Out of interest, who are the serious investigators?
                            Max.

Comment

Here you have some tracks finding in internet in a few seconds. And all my books about the SS and NSDAP says something similar. I didn´t find anything talking about the blutfahne in a private collection in Germany, but, please, if you can tell me more specific information about this I´d be very happy to know some more. It´s very important for me. Thank you.

""The Blutfahne was last seen in public at the funeral of Adolf Wagner, Gauleiter of München-Oberbayern, Apr 1944. It was kept at the headquarters of the NSDAP, the Braunes Haus (Brown House) in Munich, and is believed to have been destroyed during the allied bombings of Munich. http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=5067

""The Blutfahne was was last seen in public at the funeral of Gauleiter Adolf Wagner in April 1944, after which it disappeared. It is possible that it may have been destroyed, or it may yet survive, either in secret storage somewhere or simply unrecognized as such. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blutfahne

""The flag was kept in the Munich NSDAP HQ called the Brown House, which had a flag museum in the downstairs hallway, that is until the U.S. 8th Air Force destroyed the building as well as most of Munich during the war. http://atlasgeo.span.ch
                              Last edited by Gregorio Torres; 09-29-2005, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X