German uniforms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German uniforms ?

Hello, I am pretty sure they are, but can someone please confirm these are german uniforms ?
    Thanks very much for any help.
    Attached Files

Sorry but... I don´t find anything in this picture to say they are germans.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres
      Sorry but... I don´t find anything in this picture to say they are germans.

Regards
      Same here. I think it would be easier if you identified the vehicle first.

Looks to me like its in a desert. Maybe Italians in North Africa?

Comment

I think it's a Brit tank, either a Valentine or a Cruiser tank. Can't find a front on photo yet!

Comment

Obviously it isn´t a german vehicle, but in Afrika campaign a lot of captured allieds (and italian) vehicles were used by the germans.

Comment

The tank would be a Valentine. The uniform of the standing soldier is German. Note the buttons to the shirt pocket and the boots.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

OK thanks guys. That has confirmed what I also thought. The troops are germans in Africa with a captured Brit. Valentine.

You can make out the hidden belt german tropical trousers. The tropical **** looks german also.

Also funnily enough you can tell these guys are germans by their facial features and Hairstyles. Very typical looking german men.
              Quite different from Italian looking troops,and the hairstyles are more slick than the average Allied soldier.

Cheers

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
              The tank would be a Valentine. The uniform of the standing soldier is German. Note the buttons to the shirt pocket and the boots.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

But... Phil, Why the picture is cut? Perhaps the cut part could give us more interesting details.

Comment

Originally posted by phil1942
                  Also funnily enough you can tell these guys are germans by their facial features and Hairstyles. Very typical looking german men.
                  Quite different from Italian looking troops,and the hairstyles are more slick than the average Allied soldier.
                  Perhaps also because someone tried to draw a swas in the upper left corner

Comment

May be, may be...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X