Original Death Card for DKIG holder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Death Card for DKIG holder?

I'm thinking of bidding on this Death Card for a DKIG winner and would like your thoughts on it.

I've purchased many cards from this seller before and have never doubted them before but this one is starting at $55 and want to be sure before I toss that cash into the auction.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Dkig Holder

Hi Mike it looks good to me,as Greiner won his award
    on the 25/5/1942,as an Ofw with 9/419th Inf Regt
    of the 125th Inf Div
    Regards Harmel

Comment

Mike,

I just started to type something and harmel got in. The first thing I was going to suggest was exactly that - check his award date - thanks harmel - so that is the first stage in a process of elimination.

Other things I suggest to reduce the risk of it being a fake is to contact the seller and ask him is it an original or fake. More often than not, seller will tell you their opinion and you then have this evidence if you later prove it is a fake.

Another way to identify a fake prior to getting the card is by looking at the reverse. People who make fakes often put a lot of effort in the front of the card but not the reverse. Do you have a copy of the reverse and if not, again, contact the seller and ask for it and if you have time - post it here or PM me.

My feeling is, based on the only picture I have seen and the information supplied by Harmel, is that it is an orignal. Is $55 worth it...no one here can answer that question. That is up to you. But in saying that, I would pay $55 for a DKiG that I might really want and not think twice about it.

Another plug for my book - next year my Book on Death Cards should be released which will assist you in questions like this one.

Good luck on your bid!!

Scott
      Last edited by Revellations; 09-12-2005, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Mike,

I second what Scott had to say about that death card. I will now have to go back and count my DK's now that I see that starting price!!! Hmmm! I just came across a Ehrenblatt Des Heeres (Hauptmann Karl Feurerer) that I didn't know I had.

Scott

So your book is coming out next year. Didn't you ask me for a few examples some time back??? If you need some high quality scans let me know. Cheers! - Bill

Originally posted by Revellations
        Mike,

I just started to type something and harmel got in. The first thing I was going to suggest was exactly that - check his award date - thanks harmel - so that is the first stage in a process of elimination.

Other things I suggest to reduce the risk of it being a fake is to contact the seller and ask him is it an original or fake. More often than not, seller will tell you their opinion and you then have this evidence if you later prove it is a fake.

Another way to identify a fake prior to getting the card is by looking at the reverse. People who make fakes often put a lot of effort in the front of the card but not the reverse. Do you have a copy of the reverse and if not, again, contact the seller and ask for it and if you have time - post it here or PM me.

My feeling is, based on the only picture I have seen and the information supplied by Harmel, is that it is an orignal. Is $55 worth it...no one here can answer that question. That is up to you. But in saying that, I would pay $55 for a DKiG that I might really want and not think twice about it.

Another plug for my book - next year by Book on Death Cards should be released which will assist you in questions like this one.

Good luck on your bid!!

Scott

Comment

Bill,

Yes I did ask which I will take you up on your answer. I will PM you.

Cheers

Scott

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for your input. I did believe through my experience in collecting death cards that it was original but I like the input of others that might be more experienced than me.

Thanks again for all of your help,
            Mike

Comment

Death Card

HI Mike and Scott nice info there
              Scott will look out for your book next year.
              Regards Harmel

Comment

I see the Death Card is still available on the auction site you are talking about. I have also dealt with the seller in the past and you can guarantee his stuff is original and authentic. Good Luck....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X