No announcement yet.

I don't read German, What are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get the grouping? If so congratulations as its a nice subject to research and its possible maybe to contact the family as mentioned through ancestry. $100 is/was a fair offer. A subset area for those interested in law enforcement function, forced labor or Volksdeutsche

Comment

Lloyd, I did pick them up for that price. Not being able to read them has it limitations.

Comment

The letter has only the subjects in it that one might expect from a KZ inmate- doing well, talk about harvest time, greetings on a lot of people,hoping to see each other again. Nothing that would give any unacceptable information.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          The letter has only the subjects in it that one might expect from a KZ inmate- doing well, talk about harvest time, greetings on a lot of people,hoping to see each other again. Nothing that would give any unacceptable information.
          Am I correct in assuming at this time (1941) this person could have gone home?

Comment

Sorry, but I just read the letter and do not know what the prospects were if any for getting released from a camp.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
              Sorry, but I just read the letter and do not know what the prospects were if any for getting released from a camp.
              Arbeit macht frei.

Comment

Something for you to consider here is that someone was very concise in what they gathered. It's historical significance takes on a greater meaning.

Stiebrowitz is now called Stěbořice in the Czech Republic. Do you know who Marie Moravec was? Marie Moravec as gömde resistance fighter. Please read here as it pertains to killing Rheinhard Heydrich.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...ion-anthropoid

"The family was made to stand in the hallway while the Gestapo searched their flat. Marie Moravec was allowed to go to the toilet, where she bit into a cyanide capsule and killed herself. Alois Moravec was unaware of his family's involvement with the resistance; he was taken to the Petschek Palace together with his 17-year-old son Ata, who was tortured throughout the day but refused to talk. The youth was stupefied with brandy, shown his mother’s severed head in a fish tank, and warned that, if he did not reveal the information they were looking for his father would be next. Ata’s strong willpower finally snapped, and he told the Gestapo what they wanted to know. Vlastimil “Ata” Moravec was executed by the Nazis in Mauthausen on October 24, 1942, the same day as his father, his fiancée, her mother and her brother were executed."

Comment

Lloyd, That was a bomb shell. As I have said I can't read any of it. Add to that the fact I do not have the back ground to understand the details you understand. What would you do if you were me?

Comment

This is the back of the letter with Marie Moravec's name on it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is a letter I had not posted before. Someone at sometime for some reason cut the stamp out. This baffles me because it would have been easier to just lift the stamp off. Clearly it wasn't someone looking to save the post mark with the stamp.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by p-59a View Post
                        This is another letter
                        I was able to find and buy a photo of Marie Moravec
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X