Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feuerwehr/Feuerschutz Photos Needed

Greetings All,

I have two nice Third Reich era Volunteer Fire Brigade (Freiwillige Feuerwehr) membership booklets that I am writting up for my next book. Does anyone have any 1933-1945 action photos of firemen and/or fire brigade equipment that they would like to share? I will either purchase it/them outright or give the owner full credit in either the photo's caption or footnote. Please send email as I seldom check pms.

Thanks in Advance,

Hi DocumentsGuy,

here is an action picture:

"Fire suppression near Rupolding 1943."
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Guenter,

Nice photo. I had such a good response to my request that I have already written up the sections of the Freiwillige Feuerwehr.

Comment

Originally posted by DocumentsGuy
        Thanks Guenter,

Nice photo. I had such a good response to my request that I have already written up the sections of the Freiwillige Feuerwehr.

Hi Brice,

anyway, it was a good reason to start scanning all my fire fighter pictures.

I estimate I've around 1000 pictures. Most of them are technical pictures regaring vehicles, equipment and firehouses.

Guenter

Comment

1,000 photos? Whoa baby. First, don't let me stop you from scanning them. Second, I can always rewrite the sections to include new photos. Also I recently acquired two other Freiwillige Feuerwehr identity documents so I will need photos for the future. By all means, scan 'em and let me know/see.

Comment

Fire brigade

howdy,
            I could be wrong. What do you think?

bye fore now
            Hans

not 1000 but a lot of
            Attached Files

Comment

Otto Spronk was kind enough to let me copy his Knötel uniform plate. I really like the photo of the fireman standing next to his truck. Generally, group photos show too little detail to be very interesting. I would prefer photos of fire equipment, uniform closeups and firemen fighting fires.

Comment

Hello!

Here is one more action picture:

Best Regards
                Guenter
                Attached Files

Comment

Exercise of an Auxilary fire brigade (Freiwillige Feuerwehr).
                  Probably a pre WW2 picture.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guenter,

Your latest photo is a bit on the old side. I suspect it is a very old volunteer fire department, probably 1880s.

Do you have anything more modern, say from 1934-1944?

Comment

Originally posted by DocumentsGuy
                      Hi Guenter,

Your latest photo is a bit on the old side. I suspect it is a very old volunteer fire department, probably 1880s.

Do you have anything more modern, say from 1934-1944?

I purchased this picture (and an another one) togehter with two Luftwaffe Albums. All picture are from 1935 to 1942. I suppose these two pictures were taken around 1935 in a small village near Rottenburg.

This type of equipment and the uniforms were still quite common for rural fire fighters in the 1930s. They received "modern" equipment very late. In some cases mid of WW2!

guenter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X