Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autograph protection

Dear Forum
    Have a question for the paper and signature experts.Awhile back i started collecting signed photos and award doc.s and have keep them in acid free slip covers that fit nicely into a 3 ring binder.The question is this ,is this the best way to protect them,and will these covers protect the signatures from coming off onto the acid free plastic.Any advise will be appreciated.Thanks in advance Jay

Jay

I use both mylar covers in albums and harder plastic individual sleeves used for sports cards. Had signed photos in them for 25 years or more with no problems.

Best
    Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark,anyone else have any tips.Jay

Comment

Signatures.

Jay

I mount my signed photographs onto stiff A4 size card using self-adhesive corners. These cards are then stored in PVC sleeves and placed into the respective albums to which they refer. I have many wartime signatures in my collection and they have not deteriorated in any way over the years they have been in my collection. I hope this may be of some help.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Richard.
          Sounds like the way that i have been doing.I went to Micheals and bought acid free folders,and acid free self adhesive corners and put the photos on the paper supplied with the albums.Was glad to hear that you guys have not had any problems with the suggestions you have gave me.I am going to hopefully have many photos with autographs on them and want them to be safe so that some day i can pass them on to my kids. Thanks again Jay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X