What Are These SS Guys Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Are These SS Guys Doing?

Greetings all, I came across this SS photo while I was scanning images into my computer. I have tried to figure out what is going on here, but I can't make sense of this.
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

You are not the only one!

Comment

Casual Fridays?

Comment

One of the selection criteria they had to meet to go behind enemy lines for the Ardennes offensive........(dress up).....

Comment

I believe it has something to do with May day or fasching activities. I've seen many pics of soldiers dressed up weird made up costumes marching in parades or just clowning around. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
            I believe it has something to do with May day or fasching activities. I've seen many pics of soldiers dressed up weird made up costumes marching in parades or just clowning around. Bill
            I know what you mean, but I just don't understand what is going on with the desks and all that. You know what this photo first made me think of? It reminded me of that scene out of Schindler's List where the Jews were standing in line before SS clerks sitting at desk in an open air court like this to record their names. I don't know, this photo just has me fuddled.
            Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
            All the best,
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz

My thoughts were somewhat along the lines of Bill's......Sometimes they dressed in wild costumes during certain festivities.......The reason for the desks however is a mystery ......Bodes

Comment

Seems like they're sitting in some kind of schoolyard. I guess they took the desks from the class rooms to sit in the schoolyard and enjoy some performance like a theatre, a speech etc.

Comment

Clown school? Himmler's nephews birthday party?

Nice photo!! I like it.

Al

Comment

Why the mystery? In today's military the guys are always organising p**s ups, parties and other stuff like this. The British Royal Marines for example have a well known reputation for organising parties where everyone's dressed in women's clothing. No reason to think the young men in the army back then were much different to those of today. When you don't have other forms of entertainment, you make your own.

As an Ex-soldier i just see a photo of a group of soldiers from another army in another time having the same kind of fun we did.
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Fasching?

Hello,

the same question I had with that photograph! It came from a JG 51 group
                      of photographs concerning Werner Mölders. I thought it could be a party for the guys ending their time of service.

Kind regards

Köhler
                      Attached Files

Comment

End of service?

Same event!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X