Revelation Chapter 16 Verse 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revelation Chapter 16 Verse 17

"Then the seventh angel pourd out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven saying, 'It is done!'"

Well, perhaps that is a bit dramatic, but the stage that I just completed--of a larger task mind you--felt as though it were of near Biblical size.

I decided to scan my entire photo collection into the computer, and 669 images later I am finished. I know that this is a puny collection compared to some out there, but this was quite a time consuming task. All the photos had been sorted by category and content beforehand, so all I had to do was create a new Folder entitled "WWII Photo Archive" and then make sub-folders within it. I have scanned every loose photo I have, as well as every single page from every album. Then I took each of those album pages to my PhotoShop program and cut the pics from the pages and made individual high quality images of each photo on each page. This required alot of rotating and tilting a half degree this way or that way in order to get them to crop evenly. Anyway, I figured that this project would be easier done while my collection is still small rather than waiting till it got too big to handle.

Now, if you promise not to snicker, I will share my whole idea with you to see what you guys think. Now that I have all of my photos stored digitally, I intend to upload them to my photo printing service online, and print 4X6 copies of each of my pics. Then I am going to buy some modern albums and in essence replicate my photo collection. As I add new photos to my collection, I will update this from time to time.

By doing this, I can permanently store my original images and albums in a safe archive environment and not have to expose them to the elements if I want to flip through my images, examine a pic close up, or take some photos elsewhere to show someone; I will have modern copies of each photo for those purposes and retain the originals where they will be protected.

Does anyone else do this with their pics, or am I just crazy? I guess I just don't like doing things by halves, if it is worth doing, do a proper job of it. Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions on this project of mine.
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Hi

No, I have had the same idea myself.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

It is more or less what the big archives are doing when they have the money and time. That way researchers only handle repros, not the originals. I've seen some terrible damage done by "researchers" to originals.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

I do this with my collection of Death Memorial Cards.
        RAY.

Comment

yep me too except, i will be scanning docuements and outputing them as PDF File for viewing, keeping the orginals locked away. I'm currenty coding an archival database application for this very reason.

Comment

Ya, I'm digitalizing my collection too. You can see how far I've gotten on my website by clicking on photos. I've got 200+ more to go...

http://www.trackpads.net/personal/warphoto

I'm saving each photo as a 300dpi TIF file, so that in the event that my collection is destroyed -- I still have good quality digital copies.

/daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X