AH photo comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH photo comparison

An AH picture from 1925 is for sale that looks like it came from an album (glue on back) and it's pictured on the right. I just happen to come across what appears to be the same image from a 1932 election pamphlet (on left). It looks to me that the 1925 is obviously a cropped reprint of the shot and is not really some candid AH shot. Would you photo pros concur with my assessment? Or is there the possibly of some real originality here?
    Tony

Originally posted by entasis
    An AH picture from 1925 is for sale that looks like it came from an album (glue on back) and it's pictured on the right. I just happen to come across what appears to be the same image from a 1932 election pamphlet (on left). It looks to me that the 1925 is obviously a cropped reprint of the shot and is not really some candid AH shot. Would you photo pros concur with my assessment? Or is there the possibly of some real originality here?
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

The photo on the left is an official Heinrich Hoffmann photo (Hitler's "official" photographer). It appeared in several editions of Hoffmann's book Hitler wie ihn keiner kennt (Hitler as no-one knows him). The photo on the right is not a candid shot in the sense that a "regular person" took the photo; it's the same Hoffmann photo. It could very well be a Hoffmann reprint original to the period; it's probably a paste-in card out of a cigarette card album. The only one I have to hand right here is Deutschland erwacht and it's not in that one, but maybe another member has this view in a cigarette card album.

BTW, in the photo Hitler is seated on the step of the "Kampfhäusl;" the little cabin where he lived on the Obersalzberg after he was released from Landsberg prison and where he finished writing Mein Kampf. http://www.thirdreichruins.com/gaest...tm#Kampfhäusl

Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg; 08-18-2005, 07:37 AM.
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X